Help with Tech

HI I am writing on behalf of my father who has been living in Bangkok for nearly 20 years. He is 85 and lives in the Sathorn area. He has someone that helps him with daily chores etc. But he does not have a good relationship at all with Technology.  He struggles to recognize links, has no idea what a tab, or a cookie is, and as more and more of life moves online he is finding he is increasingly facing stressful challenges.

My question is, how would he go about finding someone affordable to help him with very basic tech issues probably about 2 hrs/2weeks. Are there businesses that offer this as a service (he does not speak much Thai)?

Any leads appreciated,

Does the person need to be physically there? What pops into my mind is hiring someone in India or the Philippines for something like $5-$7/hour to remote in and help him. And if it's something that he doesn't need to physically do, maybe just pay the person to handle whatever it is that's needed. There's plenty of recruitment sites you can check; I won't reference any in case it's against the terms on this site.

@Xpatdaughter

hi, we are living in Sathorn area and would be happy to help your father with basic tech issues if he needs help. I can relate to you as my father would have been  88 yrs if he were alive. my contact ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi I live near sathorn area and I work with computers.. if you need someone and want to talk, my line is mel_x03; my email is ***

Have a good day

Melany

Moderated by Cheryl 2 months ago
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Xpatdaughter

Please be careful, sounds like it would be very easy for someone with bad intentions to gain access to bank accounts etc.

I live in Hua Hin. Not close to Bangkok. I would enjoy helping your dad...no cost at all.. Happy to help.

I'm 74 years old but as a retired engineer I kept up with technology. I'm still a geek. Please send me a private message if you want to discuss further.

Never disclose your internet passwords to anybody nor give them access to your Dads computer or mobile. We taught our 80 years old mother, 10 years ago how to use a tablet, now she is very proficient, it did though take many hrs and lots of patience. Good luck.

Hi- we live in Sathon and my son, 15 years, is tech savy (obviously :-) and might be able to help your dad 1-2 times per month. Feel free to contact me at line: dominikbkk. Thanks!

Hi,

I am new here, so hello everybody.

May I suggest another option.

You will obviously have concerns over anyone having access to your Dads person details etc.

If you are fairly tech savey yourself why do you not do it remotely for him.

I can suggest a couple of free software options that are used by large businesses and are about as secure as you can get.

This would mean only you and your father would be able to have access, and you can ensure he doesn't do anything by mistake or heaven forbid get taken advantage of.

Drop me a note if you want more info.

I suggest this as you will not have to pay anything, and would have no third party involvement.

If you do decide to get someone in it would also give you the ability to monitor the situation whenever you wanted,

I hope you find the right solution, all the best

John