PR processing after status change

Hello There,

I have a question WRT PR eligibility, I came to Belgium as a dependent of my spouse and worked for first 18 months as dependent and got my own single permit after that.

Its been 27 months since I have my single permit but I am hearing that my first 18 months will not be considered for PR processing and I need to stay 5 years in same status to be eligible.

is it true? Any one in similar situation? I still have some time before I apply but want to get confirmation before I start chasing something that I am not eligible for.

Thanks

Who told you that? Is that a clerk at the commune who really checked your files or a passer by on the street?

You actually missed telling us the time inbetween your own SP and dependent RP. Had you worked during that period? Did you got an Orange card?

Cases are different and with simple story like this its hard to tell any thing…

Thanks @peterjohn1104, I worked for 17 of the 18 months I lived as dependent before I got my own SP. It was not an Belgium government rep who told me this but some one else in my network. I am  working with same company since I arrived in Belgium for almost 4years now.

hi, you need to clarify your context first because there different routes for long term residency: residence permit B or L for non-EU and EU+ for EU residents. each have their own conditions. i suppose you came here under family reunification visa since you mentioned being a dependent? then it means after 5 years you can already apply for long term residency regardless if you work or not. however, you need to check other requirements too.

@brla15 thank you, your assumption is correct. Appreciate your time