Is he really genuine??

Hello,

I met this Moroccan guy while I was in Morocco. He has a job. We both initially had crush on each other but after I came back he started messaging me as a friend and now we are in relationship. I know that Morocco doesn't have the culture of dating so I have told him that I do not want our family to know it at this stage. He is okay with it. He said he would like to marry me in future, maybe 3 or 4 years down the line and want to have kids with me. He said he wants to invest this 3 to 4 years towards the career goal he set for himself and buy his own house with his money. He never asks me for money and he arranged my next trip to Morocco but booking Riad and tours. He is 24 and there is 11 years difference between us and I have a son. When ever we talk he always enquires about my son.

We message and talk each other on a consistent manner every day. We have been now dating for 2 months. I really do like him but when I see all the posts am bit scared. He has told me that I do not have to convert to Islam after we marry if I do not want to because he repect the decision that am atheist

He said if it's too much hassle to come to Morocco every time he will apply for Schengen visa so we can meet in Europe and he will look how to apply for one.

@iamnotsure

Answer : Surely not.

Two month with an 23 years guy and talking about marriage and kids…

Forget it.

@CharlesAnfa

Yes, he wants to get married in 3 to 4 years. I read so many scams here so am very skeptical

@iamnotsure There are many factors to consider here. Take your time.

DM me if you want to chat.

All what you need to do don't listen to the people do what your heart tell you If you listen to the people opinion never ever you gonna do something

@Yasmin21 Thank you, that's really kind of you

@soufiantahiri4

Thank you for your comment and it does make it so much sense. I have always been with guys who were so different, it felt like I was the one who was always putting so much effort in the relationship and then getting my heart broken. This guy seems so different from anyone I ever dated, feels like he is putting as much as effort or more than me. He makes me feel so important. Am someone who takes 4 to 5years to move on when a relationship breaks even if it was only 1 month long.

Appreciate your response

I agree with @soufiantahiri4, just listen to your heart. Morocco is so much different in culture than Europe, and so do the men's characteristic and behaviour.

Sure there're so many red flags from your short description, but only time can tell if this man is genuine or not.

Take your time, enjoy the relationship while it's fun. Because even without the red flags, time and distance are another test. LDR is never easy.

My sugesstion is, spend another vacation BUT bring your son along. Get to know each other that way. Because your little man deserve to be happy and comfortable too.

Move from there..

Good luck.

Hello , that's interesting story .

I think you give yourself time before made any decisions and control your emotions ( if you can't then you don't follow my advice ) . By time he will show his hide side ( i mean if he is liar ) so take it slowly . Arrange your booking and your tours it's not mean its not mean only he loves you but its can mean he show you some good intentions while he have true bad ones .

If he is good and wonderful man as many moroccan true men , you will find by the time and inshaelah you will have beautiful life together :) and this is life sometimes good and sometimes bad stories .

Maybe you can wait him to come to Europe and that's pretty good story and the negative one maybe its hard and its will ends up asking you its the easy way to go there by we married :):)

For married you as a non Muslims , many started doing that as they are far from islam honestly maybe they don't even pray . But yeah you will see some do it . But for our culture and religion its not acceptable :) but in the gonverment papers its work .

We are here to give help if we can , listen to others response and at end build an idea or a Decesion .

Interesting he's okay with you being an atheist which is against the Quran but maybe he's not practicing, I don't know. I'm a revert but even when i was a Christian I wouldn't date an atheist because the bible says the home has to be equally yoked.

Anyways, just tell him you would like to live in Morocco instead of moving to your country since he wants to purchase a house and always put your son first before the relationship, that's what matters most.

I'm American and have been with my moroccan for almost 2 years. He wanted to marry right away as well but I don't beleive in rushing anything. I'm steady and don't need anything in life, never lacked love and love myself more than anything therefore am not in a rush to marry anyone. i have a strong relationship with God. Before you jump into anything make sure you healed from any past trauma because once the cultures mix, it can be difficult. Good luck.

@Lysa Drew that's good advice . Mashaelah ☺️ god bless you for that .

Well i went through something like this. i was madly in love and thought he was too. He'd call me all day every day, thousand of messages and then disappear for a few days saying he was super busy with work and didn't have internet when he was out and about but it turns out the other “future wife” was visiting.

Him, his friends (also thought they were mine) and even the woman in the coffee shop were all in on it. The whole town was! Telling me he has never been happier than when he is with me but turns out a week after they were saying that to the third ”future wife”! They know very well to find the weak spots to make you fall for them. And mean no offence, since we are the same age, but they are always going for the older ladies. They think that because we are single, we are desperate to be loved, so we are an easier target. sadly they are very good liars and we think we will be that 1 in a million but we aren't. I was extremely hurt and devastated, so please be very careful and anything that seems off, it is because it is. stay safe

@iamnotsure Ask him if you moved to morocco and watch his reply? Answer is waiting.

Hello All, thank you so much for your replies. Really appreciate it. Sorry I was not able to respond because I was in Morocco with him and my son. His mom had unfortunately passed away and I did confirm it with the posts he made in his social media accounts. He took me to visit his mom at the grave when we went there. I simply mentioned to him that I like to live in Morocco for ever rather than US once we marry after 3 years as I can work from anywhere, he said he would be really happy if that's my decision and that he will work hard towards earning money so that he can buy a apartment or villa for us when I decide to move to Morocco. He has been an angel to my son ensuring he is okay and ate and drank well. I met his family casually, they don't know we are dating. We do video call at the start of the day before we start work and before going to bed. He always enquires about my son. We talk every day and never gives me any excuse. If he is gonna be busy he will let me know and says that he will call or text soon but there has not been a single day we haven't talked. The only time the talk reduced was the week when his mom passed away but he still kept me up to date about the funeral.

I really like him but since I have been cheated on before, am just so scared.

Tara, am really sorry you had to go through it 🥺🥺🥺

Dating is scary in general, but when you add in different cultures, religions, countries etc it is without a doubt scarier.  I think it can be easy to focus on the fear of what if they are using me for a visa etc. And of course, it is a valid worry but to put it in perspective, you have been cheated on before and unfortunately cheating and lying are so common and it has such a devastating impact.  You can't control another persons actions no matter how much one would like to.  If someone is going to cheat they will cheat they are not going to give you a heads up beforehand. The same goes for lying too.  If you are happy and he makes you feel good and adds value to your life (I don't just mean materially) then you just need to focus on that rather than worrying about what ifs because ultimately you can't stop someone from doing wrong to you.  If you feel there are red flags then deal with them the same way you would if you were dating someone in your own country, challenge them and if it doesn't change or you aren't satisfied with the response then you know what is best to do for you in that situation.  Unfortunately, Moroccans are limited to travel because of the need for a visa so it's easy to think that that is all they want, and in some cases, it might be.  Yes, they do tend to move very quickly in relationships but that is the reality that comes from their culture and religion so what might seem suspiciously quick to you or me, would be normal for them and in some cases not quick enough.  Everyone will have a story that will scare you and others will have stories that will fill you with hope and reassurance.  But they are just the experiences of the individuals and not yours. You know in yourself what you can and can't accept and you will need to make decisions based on that and not off the back of someone else's experience. There isn't really anything there in your initial post that would be worrying in the context of he is Morrocan and dating as you said yourself isn't really a thing. A lot of people will mention the age gap but I think this is an old-fashioned way of thinking in my opinion although I do know that in some of the stories you hear, it does tend to be older women etc. But you aren't old at all and still at an age where you can have kids etc so as long as you are both comfortable with the age gap I really would not worry about this at all. I hope it all works out well for you, long-distance relationships are hard and require a lot of effort and patience and unfortunately, unless he gets a visa enabling him to travel (the process isn't simple) then you will be the one travelling all the time but it can work and all the time you are happy then that's all that matters.  Good luck.

@SJAS85 Thank you for your response. Yes what you say is really valid if someone has to cheat they will and I have no control over it nor it's my fault. He seems to be a very genuine guy, before this I have been only in 2 relationships where the guys have been narcissist, he is just polar opposite. He cares a lot, respects what I tell and if he knows that am sad or not happy he comes and sits with me or call me to resolve it then and there and reassure me. He is not bothered about the age difference at all, to be fair he initially thought I was way younger than him and I thought he was my age. Lot of people when they see me and my son they think we are brother and sister 😂😂

@iamnotsure thats all really good to hear. your situation seems very similar to mine. i have a son, i have only had two relationships before and to narcisstic people. my Moroccan sounds like yours too and he looks older than me! I was very worried at the begining but i dont worry anymore and im very happy!