Car Service

Is UBER a reliable option for transportation or is there better company?

Is UBER a reliable option for transportation or is there better company?

-@paulepancakes

(from your Google search)

"Uber is no longer available in Vietnam. It ceased operations in the country in 2018 after being acquired by Grab, a Southeast Asian ride-hailing company (Google Play Store app link). Grab is now the dominant ride-hailing app in Vietnam, and it offers a variety of services, including car rides, motorbike rides, and food delivery."

Is UBER a reliable option for transportation or is there better company?        -@paulepancakes

(from your Google search)

"Uber is no longer available in Vietnam. It ceased operations in the country in 2018 after being acquired by Grab, a Southeast Asian ride-hailing company (Google Play Store app link). Grab is now the dominant ride-hailing app in Vietnam, and it offers a variety of services, including car rides, motorbike rides, and food delivery."

-@OceanBeach92107

But the Vinfast guys taxi company is catching up fast here in HCMC & all brand new electric bikes & cars & from what I have seen they work to a much higher standard than Grab. Some of the Grab bikes here are pretty rough!!! & poorly maintained by the looks of them anyways,

https://www.thegioididong.com/game-app/ … an-1526699

Is UBER a reliable option for transportation or is there better company?        -@paulepancakes (from your Google search)"Uber is no longer available in Vietnam. It ceased operations in the country in 2018 after being acquired by Grab, a Southeast Asian ride-hailing company (Google Play Store app link). Grab is now the dominant ride-hailing app in Vietnam, and it offers a variety of services, including car rides, motorbike rides, and food delivery."         -@OceanBeach92107

But the Vinfast guys taxi company is catching up fast here in HCMC & all brand new electric bikes & cars & from what I have seen they work to a much higher standard than Grab. Some of the Grab bikes here are pretty rough!!! & poorly maintained by the looks of them anyways,

https://www.thegioididong.com/game-app/ … an-1526699-@goodolboy

Good to know.

For me, GRAB has been a successful tool to meet private drivers who--after first driving for me with GRAB--will subsequently discount 20 to 30% off GRAB rates when I contact them directly.

Currently, we use the local real estate agent who found us our current home far from the expat enclaves in Đà Nẵng.

He charges about 50% less than GRAB.

But GRAB is still handy and quite affordable for us when ordering food or groceries for delivery.

I've not used a taxi in VN in a long time.

What I like about Grab is the stated fare prior to ordering a ride. The driver can, if he wishes and without any objection from me, take the "scenic route" if he so pleases.

Like you, OB, I've now got a couple of regular drivers who'll discount even the low grab fares. They'll even hang around my drop-off point to give me a return ride when I'm ready to head back home.

Appreciate everyones help.Grab sounds great….