Requesting an advice for a person who got betrayed by their lawyer?

I had been working under an employer for 27 years in Oman. Unfortunately, my employer didn't handed over my final settlement so I appointed a lawyer to get back my settlement. In 2023, my case was favored in verdict for me from the court but my lawyer made me believed that I had only received small amount by showing fake document, so the whole amount wasn't given to me.

Therefore, what will you suggest for me to receive my whole amount? Hopefully waiting for a good response from you.

Regards,

Thank you

I had been working under an employer for 27 years in Oman. Unfortunately, my employer didn't handed over my final settlement so I appointed a lawyer to get back my settlement. In 2023, my case was favored in verdict for me from the court but my lawyer made me believed that I had only received small amount by showing fake document, so the whole amount wasn't given to me.
Therefore, what will you suggest for me to receive my whole amount? Hopefully waiting for a good response from you.
Regards,
Thank you

-@jameskoyical

A bit old now, but I would go to the court with the letter and a big complaint about the lawyer.

James you are not alone we had a similar situation . Waited 2.5 years for a positive verdict from the courts. We were also fighting compensation but were awarded only the gratuity. It took 2.5 years because of total incompetence on the part of the lawyer a 5 year old could have done a better job. It has been a real struggle but now since we won the gratuity payout we are now having to go through the whole process again to fight for the compensation. Trying to find a honest lawyer in Oman is impossible. Expats must keep highlighting this problem. You have no idea until you are going through the process just what a joke everything is.

@Flowerpot man Hello, I just read this comment and I was shocked.  Based on your experience, could you conclude that it is a corrupt country?  The law does not work in Oman?  Is there a certain atmosphere of incompetence/corruption in other fields, security, education, health?  I am honestly surprised because I am thinking of going to live in Oman with my family but if that is the usual way of behavior of its people maybe I should think about it.  Thank you.

cs@mjla.gov.om this is a Ministry of justice email and you can complain here or visit the Ministry and file a written complaint also you have the option to hire another lawyer to follow up and complain in the Ministry of justice and Legal Affairs.

in general practice, the court issues a paper showing how much of the amount is received and the lawyer sends it along with an acknowledgement explaining the amount received and the amount that the lawyer will deduct. once you sign the acknowledgement lawyer deducts their amount and sends the remaining to you.

Lawyers' licenses can be cancelled if the fraud is proven and he can be jailed.. but it's a serious claim and you have to be sure about it.