Vietnam for semi retirement

Hi

I( am currently working in UK, 54 years old, good  job (CTO for medium size enterprises) , but long hours and hard work.  Time has come to ease off and would love to move to Vietnam, love the country, have several Vietnamese friends, but want to keep doing something useful that, money is not a major concern as long as it pays the rent, thinking two options

1) English teaching, the no brainer, do a CERTA course there and apply but age could be an issue

2) set up as an independent, providing services such as CV review, interview practice, business reports writing etc, been ding this as side-line in the UK so I am assuming there may be a market in Saigon especially where English is the second language, this raises a few questions

• Would I need to set up as a business or could I just operate as an individual and presumably declare my income for tax
  • What visa would I need, a business one seems problematic if working for yourself

Many thanks any advice you may have

Mark

Hi
I( am currently working in UK, 54 years old, good  job (CTO for medium size enterprises) , but long hours and hard work.  Time has come to ease off and would love to move to Vietnam, love the country, have several Vietnamese friends, but want to keep doing something useful that, money is not a major concern as long as it pays the rent, thinking two options
1) English teaching, the no brainer, do a CERTA course there and apply but age could be an issue
2) set up as an independent, providing services such as CV review, interview practice, business reports writing etc, been ding this as side-line in the UK so I am assuming there may be a market in Saigon especially where English is the second language, this raises a few questions
Would I need to set up as a business or could I just operate as an individual and presumably declare my income for tax
What visa would I need, a business one seems problematic if working for yourself
Many thanks any advice you may have
Mark

-@DocMark

Please devote significant time reading through the archives.

Wouldn't want to repeat answers that have been posted multiple times.

That, and don't "presume" anything about Việt Nam.

Good luck!