Has anyone shipped a container from west coast?

Customs broker recommended a logistics company from Florida. I'm in Oregon. I planned to get one delivered to my address from Portland then use it for storage u til I'm ready to ship it.

Is it best to have it hauled to Florida then shipped to Belize or use Portland to ship to Belize? Most cost effective way. If anyone has done this please share company(s) to use or not to use based on your experience please and thank you :)

@Shello24 we've only shipped from the east coast, but have used ports in FL, AL (Mobile), and TX in the past. The first container we shipped was in 2002 and the most recent one was roughly 4 years ago, so don't want to speculate on current timeframes or company experiences.

Since Belize only has ports on the Gulf, you will likely find it cheaper (and less headache) to have the container moved via land freight to a shipping port on the Gulf Coast. Going this route the container is shipped directly from the US to Belize. If you have it shipped by water from Portland, it will either need to make it all the way around to the Gulf. Do not let any shipping company push you into shipping to Mexico or Guatemala and then transporting by land to arrive in Belize.

@Shello24 My husband and I moved our 3 vehicles including a home-made trailer as well as our personal effects in two 40' containers from Washington State to Belize in 2019.  We used the logistic service of Nationwide Transport Services which is located in Florida.  We contacted by phone and e-mail.  They arranged two trucks to come and pick up the containers at our site.  To lift the containers up on the chassis we had to hire a local service though.

We needed original titles stamped "U.S. Vehicle Export" by Port of Seattle.  This is the necessary process, but we didn't know about it at that time, so when we were asked for original titles, we were not comfortable at all.  We demanded right after whatever the necessary process had been done we wanted them back to us.  The person in charge didn't like our demand, but she sent them back to us anyway.  Later we found we had done a right thing.  When we received the containers at the Belize port, we found one of them (the 4-year old Honda Accord in it) had been opened, and later we found the original Honda battery in the vehicle had been replaced with some cheap battery).  Vehicles and their original titles together?  No way.  Besides that, Belize Customs did not require original titles through clearance. 

Before we decided to use Nationwide Transport Services, we had researched and contacted several logistic companies, but their quotes were very expensive.  The NTS offered reasonable quote (we paid total USD13,600 for shipping two 40' containers) comparing to other companies at that time.  That's why we used them.  We don't want to recommend them fully, but I'd like to share our experience.  One thing for sure: if you want to move your cars to Belize, don't give your original titles together with your cars to ship.