Kit cars registration to drive on road

Hello,

This might sound odd, but I would like some info about kit cars.

I plan on building one and want to know if anyone has any experience and if you can get plates to drive them legally on the road.

For references, Kit cars are usually built on donor cars, I can get a donor with Dutch plates, although is going to be more expensive than if I build everything from scratch...in that case I will have to do a MOT or something similar to get permission to drive it.

It sounds complex but it should be very expensive as Bulgaria should have the same regulations of the rest of Europe on this.

Any idea or where/who I can ask too?

@Yuri1976

Hi i too am looking at how to deal with this as imported a part finished car before brexit and from what i gather from speaking to local police when car is ready for an mot take it to the kat office for normal registration process. i am not sure if this is correct but a few years off from car being ready for mot.

i have found a kit car company that builds cars in bulgaria but  have yet to ask them anything. what are you going to build.

rgds ozzy

Very interested to hear how you get on. i would love to build one also

@frazer2022

What you planning to build im 80% there building a porsche 550 spyder from the 1950s.

rgds ozzy

I would look at a lotus 7 type car 

@frazer2022

Nice try ebay in uk as used to be able to get projects part built like that cheaply.

Rgds Ozzy