Menu
Expat.com

Retirement visa - How to schedule an appointment

Last activity 03 July 2024 by shikhaluchun26

T?Wey

Hello.  I have been accepted, in principle, for a retirement Visa.  The NELS page now says “your Action is required - awaits appointment scheduling”.  I arrive in Mauritius on Sunday 30th June 24.  Once I get my Tourist visa stamp in my passport, I believe I then have to upload this into my EDB application on NELS.  Does this then automatically trigger an appointment with the EDB, or do I have to do some other action to schedule an appointment with the EDB?  Thank you for any help or advice.

karibi

No further action, other than upload your visa stamp.

mike102

@T?Wey Thanks for the mention of the Tourist visa. I seem to recall reading somewhere you need to apply for that upon arriving in Mauritius with an "Approval in Principle" for the rtetirement visa. How did you apply for the Tourist visa? At Passport control? Thanks.

Tookays

@mike102  just turn up at the airport arrivals desk after landing, and your passport will be stamped with the 'tourist' visa. Do let them know that you have applied for the retirement permit and show them the agreement in principle. That should work, I think.

mike102

@Tookays Thanks!

shikhaluchun26

@T?Wey

Inbox

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

All of Mauritius's guide articles