I got conned bigtime paying the dowry

Want to say to you bleeding heart romantics who come to Kenya for love.  It's a fools errand.

I was conned (by my own stupid volusion) into paying a dowry.  I foolishly sent the uncle of my fake wife to be via

mpesa the price of 5 hefty cows. What did I get in return? , not even a photo of the so called bovines and no marriage certificate from

the village crooked elders.

My fake fiance and the uncle pocked the moola ( no pun intended)

Secondly when my wifey not to be's mother and little brother died in a bus accident and I rushed from Ireland to Kenya

to be by her side.   At the funeral they put everyone and their dog on the whatsapp funneral list for the fund raising

and ommited to put yours truely -- the johnny just arrived husband.  They deliberately did not show the coffins, money, tents and food I paid for.

So they (the bandits) could ka ching make bank and collect monies twice. Wow what lovely people to marry into .

Never in my fecking life or imagination did i know that its a business here to profit when a love one dies.

So my cold hearted theiving lying manipluating covert narcissistic of a fake wife, pocketed that money too.....

She has a heart as cold as a witches tit.  Then there was the lying and me finding out she had another man.

I was the minister of finance and I guess he was the minister of home affairs and hard slonging.

This story can go on and on and on. There was more red flags that a communist parade, but me with my love goggles on, chose to paint them white.

I will end it here for bervity. Be careful folkes.  Don't be a fool like me. Only fools rush in.  Don't fall in love. Don't fall for it.

"Want to say to you bleeding heart romantics who come to Kenya for love.  It's a fools errand."

Not necessarily!  Ive been married to my Kenyan wife for 27 years and still going strong.  Never been treated with anything less than respect by her family.  However, I didn't meet her online and we did the legal registered marriage in the UK, prior to embarking on the traditional part.

You havent said how you met, or how well you knew her before the shenanigans you have described started, but this most definitely isn't how the dowry process is supposed to run and wouldn't involve a marriage certificate.  The process involves a lot of steps, beginning by being introduced to the family and meetings/discussions with the elders.  Buying animals (goats and cows) is traditional, but these days, people normally request the cash equivalent, so no, you would not expect to see actual animals or photos of them (it does help to do your homework to find out how much the animals cost).

Sounds like a set up from the start.  I would never make such arrangement unless I were in Kenya and had met them all.  Don't blame the village elders; most likely they weren't part of the plan.

I am sorry that this has happened to you.

@irishgeoff

Not all like that Geoff, I have a beautiful lady here in Kenya, so could you but you need to be here rather than long distance mate.

Sorry for the experience.