Good dentist in Vietnam

Hello. I'm looking for personal recommendations. I've already checked Google Maps and other sources.

I'd like to hear opinions and reviews from those who have firsthand experience with dentists in Vietnam.

Scenario: I need to get an implant and replace a crown. I'm looking for a good orthodontist. The specific city doesn't matter (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, or any other).

I've had some disappointing experiences with dentists in Vietnam, where it felt like 'We'll do anything, even fill a healthy tooth, as long as you pay.'

I'd really appreciate any genuine recommendations. I've already done a Google search, as mentioned

Have you tried our "Search" function, here?

The last time somebody asked such a wide-ranging question here without a specific city in mind, it turned out that they were writing an article about a particular feature of Vietnam and they wanted us to do the homework

@OceanBeach92107

IT may be best to ask: "What are the attributes of a lousy dentist?'

mAC

@Mac68

Okay

Lack of hygiene. This includes poorly sterilized instruments and an unclean workspace. For example, placing unrelated items on a tray with sterile tools, like I once saw prayer beads. They don't clean or sterilize the workspace after each patient. They might even go out to lunch in their work clothes at a street cafe.

"Anything for money." Someone with no experience in installing crowns or implants might take on the job just because it pays $1000. Whether it works out or not is another story.

Poor work by dental technicians. This is when your implant or crown doesn't match the color of your other teeth.

Lack of education and skills. Sometimes, people without proper education pose as dentists.

Lack of equipment. For example, in Vietnam, they might not use equipment like microscopes for root canal treatments.

Plain scams. They might charge you exorbitant amounts for simple services like cleaning.

@Aidan in HCMC

Yes, thanks. If you had carefully read my message, you would have understood that I've already used the search function. I've checked this website, Google, and Facebook. I'm asking about recent real experiences.

@OceanBeach92107

Let me explain specifically for you about "all cities." A crown for $300 or an implant for $1500 is a serious matter. It's worth spending an extra $50-150 on a ticket to another city or even another country if there's a chance the work will be done properly and to standards.

It's great that an old man as nice as you no longer has to do homework. 1f63b.svg

If you have real experience and a real doctor you've consulted for a similar issue, please message me. You can send me a private message. If you're just being witty, please move along. Thanks

@Aidan in HCMC
Yes, thanks.

You're welcome, I guess.

If you had carefully read my message, you would have understood that I've already used the search function.

I did "carefully" read your post, though it certainly wasn't anything I'd consider cryptic.

Nowhere in that post did you mention having used our search function. What you said was, "I'd like to hear opinions and reviews from those who have firsthand experience with dentists in Vietnam." The link I included provided you with precisely that. Had you mentioned, or even hinted at, having already used our search function, rest assured I'd not have responded with that suggestion.

I've checked this website, Google, and Facebook. I'm asking about recent real experiences. -@TiTibo

So, now you're asking for "recent" experiences? How recent, precisely? And as far as "real" is concerned, are you suggesting that the posts found in the link I provided are not real, or is it that they're just not recent enough?   

Good luck in receiving further replies to your initial post.

In HMC Lina dental is good and independent.    Avoid large organizations.

Hi TiTibo

I can strongly recomend East Rose Dental in Saigon. i have had a number of procedures done there over the past 7  years and will be back there in October  as my wife is having some major work done then.

They are very, very good.

Wadey.