Healthcare in Vietnam... Who ?

Hi fellow ex pats,

I am about to retire back in Vietnam with my wife and return to our home in central Vietnam near Dalat. I presently have private medical cover in the UK but require a similar cover in Vietnam. I have reviewed and looked at various providers however I would like some recommendations from actual clients who may be able to recommend both a provider and examples of the service level and how were any claims processed etc. There no doubt have been previous forums on this topic but I'm looking for real-life examples and not a salesperson telling me not to worry im fully covered etc.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards

Chris 

Hi fellow ex pats,
I am about to retire back in Vietnam with my wife and return to our home in central Vietnam near Dalat. I presently have private medical cover in the UK but require a similar cover in Vietnam. I have reviewed and looked at various providers however I would like some recommendations from actual clients who may be able to recommend both a provider and examples of the service level and how were any claims processed etc. There no doubt have been previous forums on this topic but I'm looking for real-life examples and not a salesperson telling me not to worry im fully covered etc.
Looking forward to your feedback.
Regards
Chris 

-@Krisb747400

no one has posted real life examples in the forum so don't bother searching...

apologies but I'm being sarcastic.

there are almost countless threads on this very subject and many people have chimed in with their personal experiences.

I'm personally self-insured but many people have posted about the hospitals they use and the insurance companies they use.

Good luck waiting for people to post new reports on that subject.

@OceanBeach92107 Thanks for your comments. The reason for the original question was that I have received quotes for protection in which it appears, as is sometimes the case in Vietnam an absolute minefield of contradiction and various options. I truly was hoping for a bit of recent clarity and some certitude to get me out of the long grass. So here's hoping I get a little information in return.

Cheers

Chris

@OceanBeach92107 Thanks for your comments. The reason for the original question was that I have received quotes for protection in which it appears, as is sometimes the case in Vietnam an absolute minefield of contradiction and various options. I truly was hoping for a bit of recent clarity and some certitude to get me out of the long grass. So here's hoping I get a little information in return.
Cheers
Chris

-@Krisb747400

Here's the forum search that's beneath you...

https://www.expat.com/en/searchresult/asia/vietnam/?q=Health%20Insurance&go-search=1&currentDestination=668

@OceanBeach92107 That is a very useful information link and I'm grateful for the short cut. I am not especially tech savvy so a great help.

Regards

Chris