Expat.com

MM2H - Medical Test

Last activity 19 July 2024 by wyngrove60

RichPop

Hi

what test are carried out where do you go to get these and how much do the cost

Richard

wyngrove60

I got mine done at a clinic in Petronas Twin Towers in 2008. Can't remember the name of the place. It was recommended to me by my MM2H agent. Sorry, don't remember the price, but all places will charge differently.

Road Tax Calculator

@wyngrove60 Shared experience (clinic at Petronas Twin Towers in 2008, recommended by MM2H agent) but doesn't recall name or [link moderated] (costs vary).

RichPop

Just wondered what test they actually carry out

wyngrove60

I'm already an old expat and it was 16 years ago, so don't remember much. I do seem to recall that it was not very detailed.

cinnamonape

The stndard required tests are chest X-Ray for TB, blood and urine tests for Hepatititis A, B, C, HIV, Gonorrhea, and tests for metabolites of opiates, barbiturates, and cannaniboids. Most testing centers wil also give a general health checkup with self-reporting of Mental illness, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, vision,  etc. The form to filld out is the Borang RB II Form/Laporan Perubatan Pemohon "Medical Report of Applicant.

In the past some agencies would skip some of these tests (particularly the chest X-ray) and this was one of the concerns of the Parliamentary review committee in 2023.

The physician will evaluate if the individual is suffering from any contageous or infectious disease, or condition dangerous to the community. Positive results are generally considered disqualifying. They also must certify if the individual is unfit for long-distance travel. It's unclear if this is disqualifying for extension or renewal particularly if the inividual is under treatment.

While the tests can be given by any hospital or clinic in Malaysia the examination must alo be signed off on by a government authorised physician. The MM2H Office at MOTAC should have a list of such hospitals or physicans acceptable for authorization. In Sarawak all the major hospitals can undertake the tests, but only government employed physicians can authorize the form.  The total cost for a basic series of tests runs between RM150-200. One likely can have more tests run if one wishes (for example stress tests, etc).

Older expats should check the current rules as a new health checkup is generally required for extension.

Renz MC

If you're referring to west MM2H, it is just a simple medical check up that requires doctor to sign and stamp on the medical form. It takes only 5-10 minutes. No blood , urine, xray test required. Normally clinic charge RM80-200. Not all clinics familiar with this process, you might need to explain a bit the reason you need this. In simple word, just ask the doctor to sign & stamp, then you pay. That's all.

wyngrove60

That was pretty much my own experience in KL back in 2008. A lot of it was just answering questions with a 'yes' or 'no' answer. I think it was quite cheap too. The clinic was recommended by my own MM2H agent.

RichPop

Thank you everyone great input

cinnamonape

That was one of the major security complaints raised by the Parliamentary Investigation Committee on MM2H back in 2022. The tests being accepted were NOT what the MOTAC were saying they should be. There were vast differences in the tests submitted and accepted. The Minister of Home Affairs stated that he would put in place the originally agreed tests requiring examination results for contagious/infectious diseases and drug abuse. Since so few applications have been processed I don't know if the new MOTAC system requires the tests stated. Self-reporting was obviously encouraging fraud.

wyngrove60

Should be that way, i mean certain contagious diseases and drug use tests should be mandatory in my opinion.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaysia

• Expat death in Malaysia
    Expat death in Malaysia

The loss of a loved one is always a painful ordeal, but also often complicated for those left behind, especially ...

• Traveling to Malaysia
    Traveling to Malaysia

Malaysia is a popular commercial and holiday hub in Southeast Asia. The country attracts tourists and expatriates ...

• Driving in Malaysia
    Driving in Malaysia

You are moving to Malaysia and want to drive for work or travel there? Follow our guide!

• Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods
    Kuala Lumpur's neighbourhoods

Kuala Lumpur is a real megalopolis, surrounded by suburbs and neighborhoods so different from each other that they ...

• Internships in Malaysia
    Internships in Malaysia

Are you a student or recent graduate who wishes to develop your expertise while experiencing a work environment ...

• Buying property in Kuala Lumpur
    Buying property in Kuala Lumpur

When you plan to move to another country or another city, your first concern is undoubtedly where you are going to ...

• The Malaysian lifestyle
    The Malaysian lifestyle

Malaysia is such a melting pot of geographical, cultural and social diversity that there is something for ...

• Phones and Internet in Malaysia
    Phones and Internet in Malaysia

Malaysians are known to be social media addicts, so there's no shame if internet access is one of your main ...

All of Malaysia's guide articles