Plastering as self employed

hi, I'm new to the forum. My name is Gerry  and I am a Plasterer. I've been for 32 years and moving over to Paphos in the next two months is there much Plastering over there for self-employed or am I just wasting my time? Any help won't be appreciated.

Plenty of work I would say for a good tradesman especially with the way walls blister with the standard of build  and extremes of temperature and humidity .

Legal working here is dependant on legal residency and the passport that you hold ....EU (incl Irish) generally not a problem but you still have.to get legal .... Uk definitely a problem ..not impossible but definitely hard to do.

As a non EU TCN You would need to get residency and apply for a work visa  not easy to get as work is prioritized towards Cypriots and EU nationals....

As a self employed person you would still need residency and to provide a period of time of self employed records, payments etc .. and apply for the visa to work .

All these things take time in a very slow administrative environment and untill you get them you cannot work here legally. So be sure to have a chunk of cash to be able to live , accommodation is not cheap neither is electricity or cars.  If you are lucky enough to find employed work wages may not be what you are used to.

Best advice is to get professional immigration advice.

Good luck

@Toon and health insurance?

Well spotted Sim...

If you work you you will pay social contributions which covers healthcare...approx  €100 per month maybe more... And the cover starts I believe the minute you start paying it

Initially your ghic would cover emergency healthcare as a visitor  for 90 days.

If not working then you will need private healthcare and it's essential to have healthcare cover for residency application. A ghic will not be accepted to cover that element of the application

There is a cheap version with limited cover for anywhere between €104-180 per yr per person ... Which satisfies immigration dept requirements

After extensive research and talking to a few law firms, I understood that a third-party national (non EU) can establish a company of foreign interests in Cyprus through the Business Facilitation Unit with an investment of 200,000 euros and engage in various businesses. They need to apply for a temporary residency work permit and pay themselves a salary of 2,500 euros per month as the general manager, and hire at least one Cypriot national at the minimum wage. There is no labor market test for Cypriot nationals and EU citizens when the salary is 2,500 euros or more.This is closest to the self employment visas in other EU Countries.

There seem to be no licensing requirements for a plasterer in Cyprus. I heard that for occupations that require a license, you need to take the exams in Greek now.

There is also Category C permanent residency, but no attorney that I talked to was able to give me clarity on this.

Category C: Investors who work for their own company, provided they bring from abroad a capital of about 260,000 euros, which will be used for their company activities in Cyprus.

@dvb123

Well done.