Car taxes and insurance

I have a car brought brand new last year from skoda, the  car dealership completed the whole taxes and registration and insurance for me ( small fee ).

I know there is a municipality car tax and vigrette tax to pay but is there also an eco tax or is that the municipality tax.

The car been less than 3 years old I've been told does not require an mot yet so no trip to  the cat office.

Will the car insurance company contact me with a quote for renewing insurance or do I contact them and then compare their quote.

Anyone with info appreciated

@mickg

As far as I know, there's no separate eco tax to pay. As you say, there's the municipality tax, insurance, vignette and (later) your annual inspection.

The municipal tax includes an eco element as it's more expensive for older, more polluting vehicles, and least expensive for those that are the latest Euro 6.

There's lots of places to do inspection, you don't need to go back to KAT for this.

I'd guess that your insurance company will try to contact you to renew (if they have your contact info), but I try to be proactive and get it sorted a few weeks before it expires. They're able to start it the day after you old one expires, so you don't pay for overlapping cover.

If your dealer arranged the insurance, then you probably need a new broker. There are lots around. 24ins (dot bg) is an online one that I've used a few times (I think they even have a quote function now). SDI is a good option too, as they're outside most Kauflands, and very convenient.

Vignette is not strictly necessary, but the annual one is pretty cheap, so it strikes me as a small price to pay to avoid any problems/fines. I pay for mine via Epay, and they remind me when it expires.

A vignette is pretty much essential, unless you never intend to leave your "village" (administrative area); it's too easy to forget that you haven't got one until a traffic cop delivers an unpleasant "reminder"..... 1f60e.svg

Thanks for replies, forgot SDI outside of Kauflands even though I see it all the time.

The vignette I been in car when driver got pulled, he completely forgot. Got on the spot fine and told where nearest shop to get vignette was.

Anyone know where I can pay the car municipality tax, I live near polski trambesh which is within veliko tarnovo municipality.

Been informed by a neighbour that I can pay the car municipality tax at the same office where i pay my house tax in polski trambesh.

That's handy, don't have to travel 45mins by car to veliko tarnovo.

Howdy All,

I am posting here as it seems to be the most recent on the topic of cars/insurance et al. We bought an apartment in Aheloy, and it came with a car. My main issue is now I need to come to BG, get the car insured/registered/inspected?/purchase all vignettes for return to CZ. The paperwork is in our apartment, so I can do nada from here. My questions are:

How can this be done most expediently as my time in BG will be short. In what exact order must all this be done, (I know zip about BG auto processes), and will it be an issue with my US license?

Any advice would be mucho appreciated as I am pretty much flying blind here. Oh, BTW, our property purchase process was amazingly fast and hassle free. Start to finish..9 days. PM me if anyone would like details. Thanks!