Long Stay Visa Renewal

we are renewing our Long stay visa - visitor in France and have two children age 3 and 9. We can see exactly what we are supposed to do to renew our adult long stay visas.

When it comes to the children I have no idea what to do?

They didn't need to validate when entering where as we did...

Any idea of what I need to do would be great

Thanks

Lisa

You could apply for a DCEM for each child - this would facilitate travel but it's not a strict legal requirement, expecially if your kids are travelling with you. You apply for these in one of the parent ANEF accounts but note that you can't have more than one request in there at once. So I would upload your renewal first, as your renewal is a critical requirement, whereas the children's DCEMs are not..

Hi Nicole

Thanks for your reply, I take it that means that they don't need to hold a visa like us as adults do? Is that correct?

Thanks

@lisam2

Well, their 'visa' will expire at the end of year one, but obviously remain in their passports. As long as they travel with you, they should be fine. DCEMs traditionally are more for under-18's travelling alone.  Drop me a PM if you need further help with anything :)

@lisam2

Hi - you could apply for a DCEM card for them. It is not a legal requirement, but it is a recommendation. They are really more useful for children travelling solo (school trips, exchanges, etc). To be honest, if they are travelling with you, then they should be fine. If you decide to go ahead and get these, note that you can't have more than one demand in your ANEF account at a time, so you should prioritise your legally-required renewals and wait until that has concluded, then apply for the children's DCEM cards from one parent's account. I hope that helps!