Menu
Expat.com

Traffic violation ticket payment

Last activity 28 July 2024 by Jules999

Jules999

We were in town the other day, and turned right at a junction after checking the road was clear. We were then flagged down by the local police and had to produce all documents etc. My hubby received a traffic violation ticket, for not stopping at the junction, even though it is a very wide junction and visibility of incoming traffic is 100%. As said police officer was writing out the ticket, all other road users were doing exactly the same thing for which we were stopped for🤷. Anyway, we were told we could pay at an Easypay office or online. As we were in the vicinity of an Easypay office, we proceeded there, only to be informed that it wasn't in the system yet. We have since attempted to pay online via Epay and through the interior ministry's website, without success. After inputting the requisite info, we receive a message back saying "According to the specified verification criteria, there is no data on unpaid obligations under a ticket, criminal decree or agreement related to administrative-criminal activity, stored in the AIS of the Ministry of the Interior, or there is no correspondence between the data in the criteria you set."

Is there something I'm doing wrong? This happened Thursday, so would assume that it had been registered in the system by now?

If all else fails, a further trip into town looks likely as only a grace period of 7 days is given.

JimJ

I got the first ticket of my life last week - one of my DRL bulbs was out.  By the time we got home, about 3 hours later, it was already in the system and I paid it.

Ozzy183a

@Jules999

hi you can pop to a post office or local police station all you need is the police ticket.

rgds ozzy

tutisservis

@Jules999

same case two weeks ago. We kept checking on the website and it didn’t show up, went to easypay and the staff said it was not in the system. So on the sixth day, we went to the police station to pay for it.

For some reasons, many people have the same issue when trying to pay online. We suggest that you visit the police station asap 😁

Jules999

Thanks for all the replies, it's been very useful. It seems odd how sometimes it appears in the system pretty quickly, and as Tutisservis found, sometimes it doesn't appear at all!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bulgaria

• Driving in Bulgaria
    Driving in Bulgaria

Looking forward to drive during your stay in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Giving Birth In Bulgaria
    Giving Birth In Bulgaria

If you find yourself pregnant in Bulgaria, you may be wondering if you will have to head home to have your baby. ...

• Education in Bulgaria
    Education in Bulgaria

Educational Structures and Background:

• Leisure in Bulgaria
    Leisure in Bulgaria

Wondering how to keep yourself busy after work and during week-ends? Here is an overview of leisure activities ...

• Opening a bank account in Bulgaria
    Opening a bank account in Bulgaria

Do you wish to open a bank account in Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet
    Traveling to Bulgaria with your pet

Would you like your pet to accompany you during your trip to Bulgaria? Find out how to proceed in this article.

• Accommodation in Plovdiv
    Accommodation in Plovdiv

Plovdiv is a very popular city with expatriates, more particularly with students. Find out how to find ...

• Living in Bulgaria
    Living in Bulgaria

After living in Bulgaria for several years, I look back on the decision to move abroad. At first there was a ...

All of Bulgaria's guide articles