Online Visa Extension?

Does anyone have experience with the new online visitors visa extension?

I tried it a month ago and was declined, saying I had to go In Person - No reason given, but I suspect cuz I have been here longer than a year on this time period - been here about five years total on Tourist Visa, I will go to local Immigration office in Mactan mid-September armed with copy of Lease and Renewals, 2 inch Photos (someone said they asked him for that), Bank Records with Deposits, etc. so I have everything. I always fill/type out the current pdf form before I go.

@talamban did you pay? My payment went through. I'm waiting for verification right now. I'm wondering how long it typically takes to go through.

I was just approved sometime during the middle of the night when I was sleeping. I guess online extensions work. Awesome.

Sounds good Fish83 and welcome to the forum.

Is it possible for you to post the process you went through as well as any links you used for the members knowledge, how you paid as well.

Thanks for your time and sharing your experience.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl yeah sure. Here's the link I used - https://e-services.immigration.gov.ph/  I just signed into my account on here (create one if you don't have an account yet) and clicked on the 3 little lines at the top right side. Then clicked services. Then clicked tourist visa extension. Then filled out the application and clicked submit. Then I paid with my BDO debit card. You gotta click on the credit card button if you want to use your debit card. Then I got an email confirmation and then I just waited. Took about 48ish hrs to complete.

I've been here since Nov, 2023. I already have my ACR and all that. Idk how it works for a guy that just arrived. Somebody will have to try that and let us know how it went for them.

Many thanks Fish83, I'm sure this has helped many.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi Everyone,

I Came in Nov, 2023, I got My ACR card in February.  The Duma BI office was only doing 2 month renewals, so I did a couple before I left the country in late April 2024.  I have recently returned and tried to do the Online extention... I was rejected or rather the message displayed was "FAILED".  It told me I had to go into the BI office so I will be doing that this week. 

Reading in another forum suggested that once a year you need to go in person to the BI office and that 6 month renewals are gone from the BI office and online.  I will try online again next time and let you know how that goes.

Now I have a question?  I was denied a PH drivers licence last year as they required I have a six month visa... and the six month visa is no longer available.  How does one get a DL with this catch 22?  I want to follow the rules and be a good foreigner, but not sure how to get PH license with this issue.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Don

i am sure they will never make the online extension really work - cash is wanted by them... ( this has a good reason as we all know )

@AlbertaDonuts if you want to convert your US driver's license go to SM Seaside in Cebu City. They will take care of that. They don't require a 6 month visa there.

@MarcelW the online extension works great.

@Fish83

Where in SM seaside?   Is there a LTO office there?

That would be a long trip from Negros but a good excuse to visit friends.

Thanks