Structural inspection of former ruin building

Hello I am getting pressure to sign on this house in Zala/Somogy area but apparently it was an abandoned ruin, not so long ago! It all looks good now, but I want to get a structural inspection done before I sign anything! The problem is the language and knowing where to go for help! Thanks in advance

Hello I am getting pressure to sign on this house in Zala/Somogy area but apparently it was an abandoned ruin, not so long ago! It all looks good now, but I want to get a structural inspection done before I sign anything! The problem is the language and knowing where to go for help! Thanks in advance

-@silversurreal

You need to hire a building engineer.    I don't know any in Somogy. 

If it was built from the ground up, they should have photos.   Damp is a problem and the type of bricks they used.  Some houses had mud bricks.  Not cool.

Utilities are a problem in Hungarian houses.   If all the utilities are on site  then that's good.  By that, I mean - water, electricity, gas, sewage, phone.  Out of those, the most problematic are water and gas. 

I wouldn't buy a house without at least electricity and water and preferably sewage on site.  Not in the street.  On the actual site.

IDK but I was under the impression that you must pass an inspection on any property before legally selling it.

Do not ever sign anything under pressure.

Not sure when this new ruling came into play but the seller must provide you with a certificate of the property being energy efficient.

You might be better off seeking the help of a real estate lawyer or agent to help guide you with the paperwork.

We bought our flat over 15 years ago and wish we had gotten more info beforehand.

The seller must pay for this certificate not you.

You may also wish to go into the local land management office and make sure the property is in the name of the seller.

An agent or lawyer should do that leg work for you.

Please do not sign anything you do not understand. You may be buying yourself more trouble then you know of.

Not sure when this new ruling came into play but the seller must provide you with a certificate of the property being energy efficient.
You might be better off seeking the help of a real estate lawyer or agent to help guide you with the paperwork.
We bought our flat over 15 years ago and wish we had gotten more info beforehand.
The seller must pay for this certificate not you.
You may also wish to go into the local land management office and make sure the property is in the name of the seller.
An agent or lawyer should do that leg work for you.
Please do not sign anything you do not understand. You may be buying yourself more trouble then you know of.

-@Marilyn Tassy

Yes, needs an energy certificate as that's an EU wide requirement but that doesn't say anything useful about the actual building, merely what classes it's in for energy use.  It could be a ruin with no windows or roof and still have an energy certificate.

The rest of it - using a lawyer of your own selection - absolutely 100% right!   

It's perfectly possible for scammers to "sell" buildings they don't own, especially if it's done for cash and a handshake.  None of that is the legal way.  If it isn't in the land register, it's not legal.