Menu
Expat.com

Can I apply for Premium Visa before I arrive in Mauritius?

Last activity 07 October 2024 by LeilaET

BlueBell7

Hi there,

Can I apply for the Premium Visa before I arrive in Mauritius?

Has anyone done that?

How long did it take to be issued?

The Gov website states that one can apply for premium visa once you have your short-term accommodation sorted out plus your flights booked.

This will be done before I leave for Mauritius on holiday.

Thats the plan.. 😁

Thanks

LeilaET

@BlueBell7, you need to make an application before you enter Mauritius under certain terms. Do you have all details? You can check this page https://residency.mu/live/mauritius-pre … ronomad.ru

LeilaET

@BlueBell7

You need to apply before arriving. What they mean is that you need to be able to prove where and how you will stay here for 6 months to 1 year. Also your work activity must be outside Mauritius.

Thanks

Leila

Moderated by Bhavna yesterday
Reason : advertising
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Moving to Mauritius
    Moving to Mauritius

So you are moving to Mauritius. You have obtained your visa. You have a job, or you have been accepted to ...

• Moving to Mauritius with your pet
    Moving to Mauritius with your pet

Non-resident pet owners need to seek approval for Residence Permit before bringing their pet to Mauritius. Once ...

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles