Menu
Expat.com

Riyadh relocation from UAE on 38k SAR/month package (all inclusive)

Last activity 15 October 2024 by XTang

Abdul_Haider

Hi,

My firm is relocating me to Riyadh Office from Dubai and have offered an all-inclusive package of 38k/month (this includes visa costs for family and family medical insurance). I've a small family, 2 dependents: wife and a 4-year-old daughter (she has recently started going to school). Most probably the family will stay in Dubai for some time till everything is sorted in Riyadh. I've been to Riyadh multiple times but off course for short stays and understand that Riyadh expenses are on the rise especially when it comes to accommodations. I understand that compounds are really expensive and there is a significant wait time. I would be open for apartments in the city.

Would appreciate any advise for relocation to Riyadh and would this salary be sufficient from comfortable lifestyle and savings point of view.

Many Thanks,

Abdul

Rohan Sabharwal

Hi, I am also in the similar predicament, Similar Salary, Similar Family of 3, my daughter is also 3 just started pre school. let me know if you get any information on your post.

Similarly will shift initially and then get the family in some time from Dubai.

XTang

Riyadh is expensive now. I would now consider it on par or higher than UAE if you factor in housing costs. If you live in compounds then you will pay even more than UAE rents for less quality.

You can live outside the compounds and pay less but your family will have limited social interaction depending on where you live. Also they can't go out and walk around like they would in a compound - not because of social restrictions but because most places in Riyadh are not pedestrian friendly, there is dangerous traffic and hardly anyone speaks English so you can't exactly find your way round easily.

Forget all inclusive package - rounding it up tto 38K for medical/visas is useless as these items are required by law, is NOT a benefit and cannot be converted to cash. Focus on what is the CASH that you are getting every month and compare that to UAE. If it is not (at least) 30% higher then in my view, this move is not worth it..........at least from a financial point of view. Career wise, you would be a better judge.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Jobs in the  Middle East
    Jobs in the Middle East

Very nice source of job announcements across the Middle East and north Africa, with some additional coverage of ...

• Riyadh's labour market
    Riyadh's labour market

Working in Riyadh can come with many benefits, whether you are a young professional or an expert in your field. As ...

• Understanding the work environment in Riyadh
    Understanding the work environment in Riyadh

At the point when oil exports started in the late 1930s, the regressive desert state experienced an abrupt rise ...

• Starting a business in Saudi Arabia
    Starting a business in Saudi Arabia

With Saudi businesses increasing by 16 percent in the final quarter of 2023 and a 23% increase in commercial ...

• Working in Saudi Arabia
    Working in Saudi Arabia

Finding a job in Saudi Arabia is mostly done before entering the country. Employment visas are still the most ...

• Internships in Saudi Arabia
    Internships in Saudi Arabia

Performing an internship in Saudi Arabia can be an interesting and enriching experience for young professionals. ...

• Saudization: What it means
    Saudization: What it means

When reading about looking for work in Saudi Arabia, you will probably come across the term ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles