Menu
Expat.com

Registered Address for EP IPA holder

Last activity 17 October 2024 by beppi

MsPokemonmaster145

I'm on a time crunch. EP only got approved yesterday and my work start date is  next Monday. Can you work with only IPA or do I need to get the EP issued first? The website mentions a notification letter need to be done by HR to start work. My HR mentioned to use a temporary address but Im staying at a friend's HDB while looking for rent. Any advice on what I should do? Can I even start work on Monday ?

beppi

You absolutely have to get the EP issued before you start work.

A temporary registration at your office address is possible - ask your HR for assistance!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

• Marriage in Singapore
    Marriage in Singapore

Singapore allows both foreigners or a foreigner and a local national to marry in the country. The procedures and ...

• Travelling to Singapore
    Travelling to Singapore

Tourism is an important pillar of Singapore's economy, and the country often portrays itself as an Asian ...

• Expat deaths in Singapore
    Expat deaths in Singapore

It's hard to face, but there comes a time when we must end our time on Earth. While we can't predict when ...

• Customs in Singapore
    Customs in Singapore

Singapore strictly enforces its customs policies. Whether you're traveling to the country for a short period ...

• Driving in Singapore
    Driving in Singapore

Singapore has an efficient public transportation system coupled with excellent taxi services, with phone apps ...

• Dating in Singapore
    Dating in Singapore

Moving to Singapore has been fun since you've been exploring a new country and culture. However, if you ...

• Internships in Singapore
    Internships in Singapore

Singapore is home to many universities of international repute, as well as companies from a diverse range of ...

• Using phones in Singapore
    Using phones in Singapore

As in many developed countries, mobile phones have taken over the landline network in Singapore. Whether ...

All of Singapore's guide articles