Sucessful first Meetup! - Yay!

Hey all

I am posting this after returning from the first meetup at the Bawadi Starbucks.

It was a nice evening with 8 of the expat-blog Al Ain members showing up!

A discussion of everything from how Al Ain has changed, the coffee shops, new places, stuff to do, how to get an internet connection with out waiting for eons, starting a book club, an outdoor activity group and even politics - :D

Something for everyone!

Now that I think about it - the ppl participating was as diverse as the topics - ppl from insurance, people services, R&D, a student, doctor, engineer : no wonder the topics was this diverse :)

BUT there was a common lining -- IT WAS FUN! Hopefully we will have a bigger meetup - an activity one in November and we will be seeing more members coming in!

Thanks for the conversation and the fun!

Andre you have a pic don't you - do put it up!

P.S: Mia - Thank you!

:one

Wooow ,, sounds really FUN , in November I will be in U.A.E inshallah , count me in from now 
See u all soon
Amjad

Hello,

KUDOS for all who attended! had a great evening and looking forward for the coming meetup. I'm planning for the next meetup , for this time, MEETUP with a CAUSE. just waiting for some details, will post it in a new thread at the Forum later.

@ Back_in_alain - need your help again on the next meetup. Applause for you, u came first on the venue last night, keep it up!!

@ amjo: you are welcome, hope to see you soon.

@ Harmonie: Thank you..

will keep you guys posted..

cheers

IT was really fun last time, cant wait  for the new meeting ( count me in from now )

Its great to hear that we now have a meet up group on Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai. Once a month we should all come together, and rotate the location, so one month we all join up in Abu Dhabi for a joint acitivity/outing/day trip etc, and then following month in Al Ain, and then the month after in Dubai...it would be nice for everyone to get a long.

Well done for running this Mia, lets hope your group continues to grow...and well done to those who turned up, it shows that you are open-minded peoplem, and you are the kind of people we want to attract, cos we want people to mix regardless of their age, of their gender, of their faith/religion, of their political views or even skin colour...we want to develop one ideological group and that is 'humanity' cos humanity has no divisions, its one society.

There are some big plans ahead for out meet up groups, so I would like all of you to support Mia, as she will be using up her precious time, and putting in a lot effort in order to bring all of you together. :)

Mohit

hi
all
that was a gr8 experience met people of diversified cluture and field but where are our pics mia and our records waiting for pm
once again thanx all and hope to see u all son be in touch

@ kamboosh: see u at next meetup, hope after ur class hehehe

@ pabbm: thanks for the support, im really hoping numbers will grow soon. be positive :)

@ prince75: see u at next meetup, though i know ur schedule at work is quite different,.we'll do something about that.

@ back_in_al_ain: where are u nowadays? email me.

photos are not with me guys. its with Andries, maybe he used it as a bookmark in one of his favorite books, hehehe

Let's plan for the 2nd meetup guys, help me again on this.

cheers,

princessmia

Not to worry Mia, its a pleasure to help, plus I really want to connect with people from all over the UAE, and its great to have someone such as yourself you thinks the same.

For all your group members...please take a look at our new Al Ain page, its been constructed for Mia:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 162#504345

Regards,

Mia

Hey there Mia - sorry about disappearing - conferences @ GITEX!

The pic (thank you Adries)

http://uploadpic.org/storage/2011/thumb_ls5Mcr9Hmbos7qU8XaiehbLMF.jpg

From left: Prince, Niaz, Andries, myself, Alam, Mohammed and Mia in the centre

(Does iphone have a problem depth recog in images ?? )

-H

Sounds and looks like you guys had so much fun. I am envious.

@princessmia,got and read your e-mail. Sorry, It has been ages from the last time I logged here in expatblog. I really missed the chance to meet all of you.

@Back_in_alain, thank you for sharing the photo.

Hope I can join the next meet up as long as it will not coincide with my work. I am working in a graveyard shift but I do have days off in between. If given a chance I'll volunteer to be our official photographer :) If there's another meet up, please let me know. It would be best to inform me at misalyn@alaincitydailyphoto.com.

@ misalyn: hope all is well with u,it's our pleasure to meet you, and be our official photographer, that sounds great and interesting. U can teach us as well in photography soon hehehehe, i think this calls for 2nd meetup, are u free on 23 OCt? its sunday? we can set up one meet up then right guys? please let me know.

@ Back_in_alain: let's plan something this 23 october, sunday? i'll contact other guys thru SMS. please let me know what's on ur mind. im better now, thanks a lot for the support.

@ prince75: u are free on this day, so i will keep u posted. thank u too for the support.

godbless everyone,

see u soon guys.

cheers,

princessmia

sorry alot of tests are coming now so i will be studing in the coming days sorry i will make it up when i finish .

@princessmia, I am just an  amateur photographer but it will be an honor to share my little knowledge on pressing the shutter.

I will be doing a night shift on Oct 23. :( Guess it will be my last graveyard shift for the month of Oct. I'm free on Oct 27 and 28.

Thanks for sharing this picture with us.;)

We want more...:P

Harmonie.:)