MAIL DELIVERIES

When one moves to Malta, what arrangements must one make for receiving mail - letters or parcels?

Mail redirection i would think - check with your home country mail service - but for that to work you would need to know your address. or maybe you could organise a mailbox service here in malta check with www.maltapost.com.mt.

we had our mail directed to a family member for onward sending to us once we settled in then got all our addresses changed as it arrived - a little different for anyone who is not planning to stay permanently.

Thanks. I tried the website and it couldn't be displayed!!!
What I need to know is, is there a street delivery or must one apply for a box, and if box, is it local or is it at a central point?

do you mean getting mail redirected from home ??

Correct site is http://www.maltapost.com/

biddy wrote:

What I need to know is, is there a street delivery or must one apply for a box, and if box, is it local or is it at a central point?

Maltapost normally deliver direct to your residential address.  You can get a PO Box if you want one, but you don't have to.  The boxes are located at (pretty) local post offices.

i think the issue will be that theywont know their malta address till they get here?

Thank you all for your help, much appreciated. Toonarmy is correct, we'll not know our address so will have to organise a box as we'll be receiving redirected mail

not sure how it might work from the uk end to redirect to malta(once you know your intended address) further complicated by a potential short let first then a long let.

good luck biddy

am sure if you need further help advice or assistance the crew here will be more than willing.