Expat Brit in UAE moving to Ghana for a while

Hi all

I'm currently living in Dubai and my firm is sending me to Accra, Ghana on a 6 month contract. I just wanted to introduce myself and have a look at the various discussions and topics to get all the info i need.

It would be great to hook up with other Brits as well any other expats as i know very few people there outside of colleagues based there.

I think im gonna need to do A LOT of adjusting when i arrive! :)

Best

Dean

Hi,
Not sure how Ghana compares to Dubai but I moved here from HK in 2010 and despite really enjoying the life here certainly miss the convenience of life in HK. Everything is here in Ghana it just needs a bit more time and effort to find it!
There are a lot of Brits here. I am one although I have lived outside the country for such a long time now I am not sure where I really belong! The British High Commission has a club called Grasscutters which holds events from time to time. You can see them listed on accraexpat.com.
Hope you enjoy your time here. Most people do.

thx hkann for the reply.

I'm looking forward to the challenge and its only a short term thing so im sure ill have a good time.

I have posted some questions earlier so im looking forward to any advice you or anyone else can provide.

Thanks again

Dean

hi, i can be your friend when your here,i will be travelling to europe very soon, but will be glad to make life comfortable for u here in ghana.