London to France: do you know a good removal company?

Hello everybody,

I am planning to go back to France at the end of November and I would like to find the best solution (removal company or van rental).
I received some quotes from various International Removal Companies but I am reading a lot of very bad reviews so I am a bit nervous...

Could you suggest me a good company that you have used in the past?
Or do you know a van rental company that allows one-way rentals between UK and France?

Thank you for your help.
M.

Hi Have you tried [moderated: no free advertisement] as they are London based and appear to be a professional outfit.

It may be better to find a part load in a removal van

The OP is very old, I think more than 10 years old. However, this information might be useful for those planning to move overseas.

Some of the better known UK removal companies include Pickfords and I actually used them to send about 2.5 cubic metres of personal belongings from Sussex to Malaysia. They have been around for a very long time. They sent someone to my home to get an idea of the volume and gave me a quote which I managed to negotiate down a little as i felt they over quoted on the volume. It included insurance and anything of higher value was mentioned in the insurance with a specific value. Actually one item got damaged and they quickly reimbursed me the full amount of the value I had given them earlier.

The stuff arrived in Malaysia and they coordinated with another company over there and it was all delivered door to door.

I know there are some other major companies but I have only ever used Pickfords and I was very happy with their professional service.