North American food in Abu Dhabi?

Hi,

I've been hearing that there are stores around the city that cater to specific areas of the world; is this true? I'm interested in picking up a few things specific to Canada that I'm guessing I won't be able to find while in UAE (ex. Kraft peanut butter, heinz ketchup).

And one more thing, I've read that Abu Dhabi has 4 Tim Hortons; is that true as well???

Thanks!

Yep cwidle, u will find pretty much everything here. All brands and types are available in super marts or hyper marts (LuLu, Carrefour, Geanet, Spinneys etc) so no worries.........u will definitely find Heinz ketchup, not so sure about kraft peanut butter as i buy other american brand but i am sure it will be available.
Tim Horton exists in abu dhabi: in Mushrif and delma malls. In Dubai there are a few outlets so Canadian coffee is already rocking the city.
rgds
waqas

waqas wrote:

Yep cwidle, u will find pretty much everything here. All brands and types are available in super marts or hyper marts (LuLu, Carrefour, Geanet, Spinneys etc) so no worries.........u will definitely find Heinz ketchup, not so sure about kraft peanut butter as i buy other american brand but i am sure it will be available.
Tim Horton exists in abu dhabi: in Mushrif and delma malls. In Dubai there are a few outlets so Canadian coffee is already rocking the city.
rgds
waqas

Hi Waqas,

Great to know! As much as I can't wait to immerse myself in the culture, it's always nice to have a few things from home around.

I appreciate your help.

Caylen

Hello Caylen and Waqas,

You've made my night!  Tim Hortons in the UAE - WOo HOo!

I am from Toronto, Canada and recently accepted a teaching job in Al Ain.. I am a Professional Mechanical Engineer (P. Eng) of Ontario, Canada but switched into teaching this year... Hmmm... the 1st thing I thought of was Tim Hortons in the UAE - I am glad you made my night :)

Any suggestions/advice about the UAE in general and Al Ain?

Thanks so very much.. until then take care .. Tanzeelah :)

A new Tim Horton's is openning in Abu Dhabi Mall as well :)

Yes, they are all unanimous in pointing you to Lulu Supermarket, Spinneys and etc. But just want to add that, Khalidiya Lulu is the finest for cheaper goods. You find same goods you may get from Spinneys in Lulu but in more reasonable.

And also, there's one more Tim Hortons that is opening soon in Najda Street Opposite Babyshop.

I would also try Abela Supermarket in the Al Khalidiyah area.  I find a number of items that I miss from home there. Also a good pork room.

also there another branch for Abela supermarket in Khlifa A city near of airport