Menu
Expat.com

Learning Thai is not hard at all if...

Last activity 30 November 2012 by FrisoPee

Neda_

hi
I think learning Thai is not as hard as you think if you learn it in a natural way.'m learning it at a school and I can say I'm improving my Thai every time  attend to classes. I've learned Thai alphabets in only 15 minutes! Of course it was my own method and not the school^__^

what do u think? how do u learn Thai?

FrisoPee

I think you are right!

The most important factor in learning a language is to 'understand' the language. With that, I don't mean that you should understand spoken/written words. But the philossophy behind it. This is the first step in learning.

I think schools are a good way, but take a stroll around the internet and you'll find so much good resources. I am learning Thai via internet and books. I know the alphabeth and can read it. It took me about 3 days to master it. The fun part is: if you live in Thailand.. The outside is one big school. Being in a restaurant, driving on the road talking at the corner of the street with someone. There is really no beter way then use what you have learned. Thai will help you if you got it wrong, and will cheer you when you got it right!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Thailand

All of Thailand's guide articles