Baby meet ups?

Hi '

it was a pleasure to meet u as well Irish Beach girl......

We had a nice time talking and getting to know eachother.

Im looking forward for next meeting ...we shall organize in due time , I hope more people will come :)

Have a lovely week

Veruska

Hi ladies,

very sorry i couldn't make it today, little madam wasn't feeling good. will def make it next time. hope you all had fun

shaheen

Hello again ladies!

I was thinking of trying again for another meet up if anyone is interested?

How does Tuesday 6th April sound, the day after the public holiday? Same place (Floreal Square) in the mid morning?

Open to suggestions and alternatives..hope to meet you all soon

Irish beach girl

Hi,

for me thet date would be impossible because i already have something on schedule.

What about thursday?

Any other suggestions?

See u soon

Veruska

Hi Veruska

I am happy to change to Thursday no problem. Hopefully we get a few more takers!

Irish beach girl

Hello!

I would love to come but I am going to Ile aux Aigrettes Thurs. morning so won't make it for 11am.  Could come later in the day... Or else, the following week suits me much better.

I will check back to see what date/time has been decided...

Just a quick note also to Irish Beach Girl: I just saw an advertisement for moses baskets (a UK brand) sold by Arcasa Kids shops at the Quality Living Centre.  You should be able to find out where the QLC is...I am not sure, but think it is somewhere in Quatre Bornes.

Best wishes,

Maple

Hi Maple1

Thanks for your tip, I have been to QLC, some nice things there, I managed to get a Moses made in the end and made my own lining.

It seems we don't have many takers for this Thursday, we can put it off until next week. You should meet Veruska, she has a lovely little 10 month old boy and you would get on well with her.

We can try for next week, I am flexible, Veruska? that's hoping my baby doesn't come early!

Enjoy your Thursday day trip!

Hi all,

I can't make this week. Getting new ride this weekend. Will be able to make next week.

:)

Great Biggy!

Ok so maybe we can decide on a day next week to meet.

Cool! I'm free all weekdays except Tuesday next week.

hello All!

I propose next week Wed. at 11am...

Maple

That's good for me

1 Maple1
2 Irish beach girl

1 Maple1
2 Irish beach girl
3 Biggy

Same place, you all met up last time?

1 Maple1
2 Irish beach girl
3 Biggy
4 Toni

I'm happy to meet at Floreal Sq or other suggestions welcome, that are mid way for all of us. Has any one been to the cafe/restaurant that is a little way behind The Mr Bricolage/Pride mark (emerald park)centre at Trinion? I have only looked in but it has garden tables that looks nice for little ones to play.

I haven't been there but sort of know where Mr Bricolage/Pride Mark is. And to be honest, I know how to drive there instead of Curepipe. haha... I might get lost driving to Curepipe. So would need mobile numbers before we meet. Trianon is better for me but up to you ladies.

Hi,

Either place is fine with me.  Do you know the name of the cafe in Trianon?

Hi

I actually have no idea the name of the cafe, and I have not eaten there, just passed by and the garden tables looked nice. If you go out the back gate of Emerald Park center, take a left, then the 2nd right, drive straight it's just there on your left.

To be safe we had better say Floreal Sq until someone has checked out that place at Trinion..or what do others think.

Biggy I can meet you at the Shell Petrol station on the highway and you can follow me and Toni to Floreal Sq?

So is Wednesday still good for the 4 mentioned above and anyone else very welcome just show up!

Have a good Monday

Hi everyone!  I will be there at Floreal Sq. at 11am Wed.  See you all then.

Maple

Hi Irish Beach girl,

Sorry for the delay in getting back.

Ummm... I don't know where the Shell petrol station is on the highway. I think if I attempt to find my way to Floreal Square, I will get lost. Asked my hubby if he knew but he doesn't know either. Any ideas? If none, then no worries, you ladies go ahead and have fun. I know this is abit last minute notice for me coming up with this. lol :)

Hi Biggy

I can meet you at Pheonix les Halle, at Mr Price..do you know where that is?  The big shopping Centre on the Pheonix Roundabout..its further South down the highway from Trinion Shopping Centre.

Does that sound easier?..or just say and I can met you at Trinion..

I wil send you a private message with my phone number.

Hi everyone,

I'll try to make it to Floreal Square to meet you all today. Bringing the babes along!

Sita

Hi Sita!

It would be great to meet you..give me a call if you need help getting to Floreal Sq..I am meeting Biggy at Mr Price at Pheonix roundabout if that is any help to you at about 10.40 this morning..I can show you the way then.

will send private message to you with my mobile number

Congrats on the expecting mothers-to-be. My wife had our first child last year in Mauritius. We have lots of stuff for sale. Too much to list. Send us a private email if you're interested.

Thanks,

Paul

Biggy
Maple1
2Beans
Toni

really nice to meet you all yesterday and two beautiful kids!..see you again soon!

Was really nice meeting all of you too! Had a great time. Definitely look forward to the next meet up. Just hope its in a place I can find :)

Hi everyone!

I had a great time yesterday.  Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. We can aim for somewhere in Trianon (near Shoprite) next time.  Irish Beach Girl, when you have the time let us know how you are doing in the next few weeks...

Maple

Hello ladies,
sorry but i was very busy recently I could not join the latest meet up.

Im glad that the number is increasing....let me know for the next meeting if ever something is being decided.

Hope to see you all soon
Hugs

Veruska

Hi ladies

Veruska no worries you couldn't make it..busy mom! There will be more.

Maple1 you are right, Trianon area is better for most as we all seem to need to go there about once a week anyway.

I will try to check out that garden cafe behind Emerald park next week, it could be ideal.

Have a good weekend..if I do check out that cafe, you should all go ahead and meet up next week/week after and I will catch up when I can!

Hi Ladies

So I checked out that cafe behind the Emerald shopping center at Trianon. It looks ok, they are open from 9am -6pm, with tables on a terrace and a few in a little garden. There is lots of parking and the serve the usual coffees and muffins, sandwiches and light lunches. I think it would be a better option for more people than Floreal Sq.

So does anyone feel like meeting next week? I can't do Thursday onwards (being induced on Thursday!) but  Monday/Tuesday good for me unless baby comes before then.

Hope you all have nice weekends!

Hiyeee...

I'm up for it. I'm good for Mondays. Tuesday, I may not be able to between 9-12. But free after. Will be bringing my girlfriend who's visiting from London, hope that's okay.

By the way, is this cafe where Pride Mark shopping area is? What's the name of the cafe?

M X

Oh

Forgot to say the name of the cafe! It's called the LITE BAR, it is part of a small health and fitness club.

You go ou the back exit of the Pride mark shopping Center (Emerald Park Shopping Center) take a left, then the second right. Continue straight, over one speed bump and it is just there on you left. There are 3 signs on the outside, one saying LITE BAR..it looks quite nice.

Monday good for me, great your friend arrived Biggy!

Hey everyone - back from England now (:() and would love to join your next group! Does anyone know of any playgroup type things in Floreal?

Hi Van! Welcome back! :)

Would be great to have you join the next group meet up (whenever it is). Unfortunately, only Irishbeach girl & I met up on Monday at the little cafe behind Pride Mark (the cafe was really nice by the way. Definitely recommend it for next time).

As for the playgroup in Floreal, I have't a clue. Hopefully someone else may be able to assist you in this one.

Hi

I had my baby here in Mauritius 13 months ago..I moved here from the US with my husband, and I know the feeling of not having a group that meets..I am with my son at home most of the time. I live up in the North, Grand Baie area.

If u need someone to talk to or advice etc, let me know..

psymd143@yahoo.com

When is the baby due?

Mala

Hi

I am formerly from South Africa, resided in the USA for 1 years and now living in Mauritius.
I have a 13 month old son and would love to join u guys for the baby meet ups.. I live in the North, near Grand Baie..

My email is psymd143@yahoo.com

Mala

Hi

I live in the north and if anyone knows any baby groups up here, please let me know. I have a 13 month old son...

mala

Hey there
How about we all meet next week? We could meet with kids somewhere - any parks where we can have a picnic and babies can be free to crawl / walk?

Hiyee..

Hope alls well. Would love to meet up but can't do this week. Am busy with my girlfriend before she heads back to London.

As for parks, I have no idea where there is one. Know of the cafe where Irishbeach girl & I went to which has a outdoor seating area & grass area but haven't really had a look at the space of the grass area. If you know how to get there, might be worth checking it out?

Hello everyone!

I completely missed all the past messages and the last meet-up at Lite Bar!  I have been so busy and have not checked messages in awhile.  I hope you're doing well Irish Beach Girl!

Let's decide on a day and time next week to meet... Once that's decided then we can firm up the where.  I asked my husband about parks and there is not much choice except for Pamplemousses in the north.

I think that Lite Bar in Trianon would be OK...

How about Tuesday next week?

I hope you can make it Mala and any other new ladies to this forum... I have a 11 month daughter and will bring her this time!  I am looking forward to meeting Van123 also as I am also in the south! 

Best wishes,

Maple

Hi Maple, guessed that much that you and others were busy/ did not see these messages before. Lite bar is nice. Definitely recommend going there again. Plus, its an ideal location for me. Guessing its central for everyone coming from all parts as well.

Was wondering whether it may be best to have email addresses/mobile numbers to set up meet ups in future so as ladies who have come before won't miss out. But still post meet up meesages on this forum so new ladies are in the loop of the going ons & can join?

P.S. Next week Tuesday between 9.30- 11.30 isn't good for me.

Hope more of the others can join in :)