Menu
Expat.com

International student chances of job after gardauation

Last activity 02 March 2013 by stumpy

Unib

I AM INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LOOKING FORWARD TO APPLY TO UNI OF AUCKLAND . I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHAT ARE THE JOB PROSPECTS IN NZ AFTER GRADUATION . I WILL BE OPTING FOR BCOM WITH THE ULTIMATE GOAL OF CPA OR CA NEWZELAND . SO I WANT TO KNOW THE STATISTICS OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WHO FIND JOB AFTER GRADUATION .AS I WANT RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT. WILL BE LOOKING FORRWARD FOR RESPONSE

Armand

Hi Unib!

Welcome to Expat.com!
Could you please avoid posting in caps lock on the forum?

Thanks
Armand

Unib

Sure ! If you want please edit my post as I am really tired to do it especially as I am using iPad

shoelim

You need to have good English proficiency to land a good job. If you study accounting I am sure you will be able to get a job if you look hard enough. International students who do a recognised degree course are allowed to have 1 year Job search visa after graduation. Good luck.

stumpy

Check the NZ Govt website to see if you qualify for a visa to come and work in NZ.

Unib

Thanks for your response . I Intend to go to UNI of Auckland for bcom majoring in accountancy hence I was looking forward for the answer regarding my career prospects as an accounting graduate in nz . Since I want  return on my investment

stumpy

Again.
Check NZ Govt website for information on what type of work and how many hours you can work whilst on a student visa.

And remember, if you are caught working ilegally you may be deported or banned from working in NZ

Unib

Dude why are you paranoid :p  I was asking about chances of getting job after graduation ? Not while on student visa ,lol

stumpy

Not paranoid.
Just trying to be helpful.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Auckland

All of Auckland's guide articles