Planning on Visiting Enland

I'm from the US and me and my girlfreind want to visit England. Are the people there friendly? I've always wanted to go to an English Pub, I hear the people there are proper and not unusual to see kids in a Pub. Not like the Taverns here in the states where people don't know how to act, or someone has to start a fight, or pick up on your girlfriend, even when she goes in with her boyfriend..

Welcome on Expat-blog!

I have moved the thread on the England forum. I hope everything will be ok there.

Have a nice stay.
Christine

hello Christine i'm imene from Algiers, how are you??

Hi drummer1953

There are plenty of pubs where you just go for lunch with your family, they may even have high chairs for small kids. But in the evenings kids are not allowed any more.

London is a mix of styles and the same applies to pubs. You can find some posh pubs, with great interior design, delicious food and table service in Fulham, Chelsea or Notting Hill, as well as some noisy places with dirty tables, agressive customers (specially after few pints) and smelly toilets.

There is no other way to find a good pub like to start early and go for each round to a different place! Enjoy!

The community for upbeat expats in London