Menu
Expat.com

REALLY WANT TO ESCAPE...

Last activity 12 May 2013 by Rachel Bowman

Ricky Vu

I really want to escape this city, Ha Noi, with a stable but boring job. And come to HCMC where i actually had interesting job and happy ẻvironment in the past.
I find it's merely esxisting here with boring everyday stuff.

Lazyfun

What kind of family pressure are you experiencing?

charmavietnam

Em oi!
"All that glitters is not gold"
I guess you are too young to decide your future now.If it's not a severe problem(we don't know your actual problem yet), try to solve and understand your parents.We cannot give you an exact guidance until you explain it fully. Here so many of girls came over from other provinces and living "Happily".Job is big problem everywhere. If you completed your study (don't know your qualification)and have a good degree or plus you can try some job here. Otherwise need to work for cheap salary as bar girl, or something like that. Anyway you need money for living anywhere whether it is Ha Noi or in Saigon. Please don't leap before you think carefully. City life is colorful but has many drawbacks.If you can find out a job from there, it's more easy to come and stay here. So no worries!

khanh44

I'm 35, 3500 kms away from my mom and I still get pressure from my mom lol.

I don't even know how to tell her I've quit my job sold my houses so that I can be in Vietnam with the one I love. I know she will be furious but in a few days she will be calm again.

That's pretty much sums up every life decision I make and the outcome of it.

You feel pressure is good. That means you respect and know your parents care for you but don't want to hurt them emotionally. I find best way to get them over their pressure on you is to make your life better. Doesn't hurt to show them you're making life better financially too. big_smile.png

Rachel Bowman

Hi Ricky,
Don't think like that. You are too young to do that. You have to think that your family is the best, your home is number one.
Your friend is number 2. You have to think carefully so you won't feel regret then.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles