Menu
Expat.com

Question to western expats.

Last activity 26 August 2013 by myyams

la-boom

I have a question thta needs an answer, do you pay tax to your country if you are working abroad?

JasfurJQ

Hi La-Boom, that will be depends on you, some tax can be useful in lifetime so if you think it will help you a lot just make a voluntary contribution. Me Im willing to pay my tax if really needed i just to find a way to send it. smile.png just saying!!!

la-boom

59 views and 1 answer! is it scary question??

PMUSA

It all depends on where you are from. In the USA you can exampt up to a certian income when working abroad if you are gone for a certian number of days. You need to check the laws for where you are.

JasfurJQ
la-boom wrote:

59 views and 1 answer! is it scary question??

well its not the only questions that needed to give attention. have patient....smile.png

myyams

Depends on which country as each have their own laws.
For U.S.

Legally, if an income falls outside the foreign earned income allowance then we are obligated to.

Other reasons: perhaps it will help build some social security check (and some disability money, maybe some sort of healthcare if we're lucky) if that still exists by the time we retire!!  Need credits for social security. Personally, I think we can probably invest any excess money much better and have a better check when we retire, so I'd say just give min. amount and not pay extra just to say when we're old we'll have a ss check.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Jeddah

• Accommodation in Jeddah
    Accommodation in Jeddah

Jeddah is often dubbed the 'New York' of Saudi Arabia. It is heavily populated, hosting the most diverse ...

• Working in Jeddah
    Working in Jeddah

Jeddah is the most diverse city in Saudi Arabia. It is home to 3,75 million people and to the largest ...

• Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia
    Everything you need to know as an expat woman in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia can be a challenging destination for women. As a strict Islamic country, Saudi Arabia imposes a lot ...

• Driving in Saudi Arabia
    Driving in Saudi Arabia

Driving in Saudi Arabia is the easiest and most convenient way to get around. That being said, expats in Saudi ...

• Getting married in Saudi Arabia
    Getting married in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia is a country that holds marriage and family as one of its core values. It is a privilege to get ...

• Accommodation in Dammam
    Accommodation in Dammam

Dammam is the capital city of the Eastern Province, which is made up of smaller cities that, together, form the ...

• Accommodation in Yanbu
    Accommodation in Yanbu

Overlooking the Red Sea, Yanbu is deemed to be Saudi Arabia's second industrial city after Jubail, which is ...

• Accommodation in Khobar
    Accommodation in Khobar

Khobar is the metropolitan city of the Eastern Province. It is widely recognized as the happy medium between ...

All of Jeddah's guide articles