Relocation Assistance

Dear Helpful Forum Members,

I've read quite a few posts on job offers, but I have not found (or missed) info on relocation assistance.

Is it common for company's to offer any relocation allowances? For example, do they typically offer initial flights and/or a lump sum for moving expenses?

Thanks.

Hi Stakan. Good to hear from you again. :)

Yes it is normal for most employers to offer initial flights into Bahrain. And all good employers offer a lump sum for moving/relocation expenses as well, especially for recruitments at senior levels. You will have to ask for this.

I can give you an example from my company. They bought the initial ticket for coming to Bahrain and they said I have X amount of relocation allowance and also an initial amount they pay for your first month in Bahrain. When I said I need an extra luggage for my flight as this is my first move and I need to bring a bit more than a suitcase full of stuff, they were absolutely fine with that. If you are not mentioned about these, please don't be afraid of asking your company. It is perfectly normal for companies to pay for your initial expenditure.

Thanks guys.
I thought this should be the case, but I wanted to verify that it is not unheard of locally.