Just got a job offer in milan

Hi - I just got a job offer in Milan and am trying to understand what my cost of living will be especially since I will still need to pay my mortgage in San Francisco while in Italy and my husband will need to leave his job.

What are rents like in the city center for a 1 br?  If we don't speak Italian (need only French and English for my job) what will life be like? 

Do you love living in Milan?  Is it worth it?

Ciao!

I am French-Swiss, traveled a lot for my job and just get my new job in Milano.
Cost of living is expensive in Milano center (2 bedrooms around 2000+€) but it really depends your expectation.
Nevertheless is one of the most expensive city in Europe and similar to Paris or London. It's the reason why many people live outside Milano but have to commute for quite some times.
I like living in Milano and there is an expat community, very easy-going. Travelling around is very easy and I think it's a good base for getting more in EU.
I didn't speak Italian and it was not so good to move around (but French is close to Italian).
Let me know if you settle here finally!
Bye
Christophe

I have a small apartment for rent under my house, for about $300 euros a month, maybe less. It needs a fridge and stove, but has recently been painted and fixed. If you can't afford a car right away, there is a bus stop that literally stops right in front of my house to the train station which goes to Milan. Milan is about 40 min away (give or take)... I'm an American that would love having some natives by me!