I am coming to Cuenca!!!

I just hope the humidity is not like it is here in the summer, because it is unbearable.

My fisrt visit to Georgia was late spring until half  summer (hope is correct english), was like Guayaquil due the rain season. In Ecuador just we have rain season and dry season. In the highlands is almost the same (my opinion) near the coast I feel big diference. No rain for few months, then rain almost everyday. Depending of the area could be humid or not, or humid in different levels, mosquitos if there is a forest near by.

Drmark wrote:

We arrived in guyaquil last night, only issue is brushing our teeth with bottled water and humidity.  Looking forward to our cuenca visit Thursday.  I did find out I was saying it totally wrong.

Y-A- Keel
and you'll love Cuenca. Two different animals as far as climate.

79 right now and will be headed to the beach shortly.  We can get used to this fast.  Restaurants are good, people very nice.  This has been a good vacation so far.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying this beautiful country.
Hope to meet soon.
Neil

Louieg wrote:

The buses charge $8 and for the 4 dollars extra you travel in comfort and your suitcases are a lot safer.  Oh! also it's a 3 hour drive while with the bus it's 31/2 hours. Have you arranged for a hotel?  I recommend Mi Hotel.  It's a very nice hotel close to downtown and the rates are very reasonable.  They also have rooms with a kitchen with a stove, microwave and a mini fridge.  By the month it's a lot cheaper.  I stayed there 10 months and really enjoyed my stay.  The receptionist speaks English and the staff is very friendly, helpful and courteous.  This is their web site:
elpuentehotels.com/iframe1.html

I was wondering if you have any info about this hotel? the link no longer works.

great advice.

Great advice.  The Mi hotel in Cuenca does look really nice and clean!  Will book it for my stay in April.  Thank you.

How is the weather in April? Rainy?