Mariage with morocco girl

you were wrong by giving her chance when you saw the signs of not honesty, you should be able to make firm decision at right time, that why we have to use our brain, but, that not means that u should blame yourself right now, but you will be able to do this in the future, not only with moroccan people.

From your quote No. 4 to basmaroc.* It's also a bit of a status thing, having an "Arab" wife.*

I guess you don't have a clue what the west thinks about ARABS. You will have to do your homework.  Just look around you, what's going on in the Arab world.  They are tarnishing the image of ISLAM.  TRUE ISLAM is in the WEST.

Read between the lines.  Why did you end up in this mess if you did verify your information?

Our prophet says No Arab is better than another Arab or Muslim? so what status are you talking about? In Islam, there is no status among believers, everybody stands shoulder to shoulder when they pray, be it, white, black, brown, yellow, kings, layperson etc.

The behaviour and actions of the ARABS do not imply that they are in conformity to the teachings of ISLAM and I wonder if we should call them Muslims.

at last you report something reasonable, so even those moroccan girls are exposed to the risk of exploitation from some foreigners, why you didnt report the complicate and the difficult process of mixed marriage in morocco, did you ask yourself why our government make it hard than any other Arabian country, bcz there were a lot of problems in the past, and a lot of moroccan women married to foreigners suffered from all kind of exploitation before.
for ex in egypt u can do this marriage in one day, in morocco u need 2 weeks to get the authorization.

you are right,
maybe bcz people born muslims did never see that difference, and they didnt make effort to discover islam, bcz they are born muslim, that why muslims in non islamic countries and even converts are more conscious of the value of this great religion, but if you live here you can feel that people are thinking deeply about this, they want change the situation, but many things are included there, not only social reasons....

yes, you did report about this.

it is not even good to have hate in heart for Muslim people, only do duaa for good and bad ones.
im not sure about your fairness concerning this topic, bcz u are still under the effect of your experience, so u cant see things from the other side, its normal.

XB 23
That's very good to hear what you said *Forget and Forgive*.  You know the secret of success.  It' the call to prayer. *Haya 3Ala Asalaah*, Haya 3Ala Alfalah* - *Come to prayer, come to SUCCESS*. Be humble and down to earth in your prayer with a clean heart. Allah says in the quran, *When you call on me, I am near*, I am nearer to you than your jugular vein. Allah says again *When you remember me, I will remember You*. The first few verses of Surah Al Muminun defines a true believer. If God decides to guide you, nobody can misguide you. If God decrees good for you, nobody can't withhold it and If God decrees bad for you, nobody can remove it.

XB 23
I am not generalizing.  In all communities, there are the good and the bad.

Just listen to yourselves! Trying to deal with this very distressing matter by reference to an imaginary spirit in the sky and its alleged utterances to a desert dweller. It just doesn't bear thinking about that people can refer to these myths in this day and age. And none of you can agree on the correct interpretation!

Off topic, irrelevant and unhelpful to the original poster and to the poster with the misfortune to have married a Moroccan woman who was a cheat.

this conversation is useless

You are no longer subscribed to this topic.

very well said, i noticed that your thinking becomes positive than before, i am praying for u that allah makes test easy for you and guide u to the best in dunia and akhira and all muslims...amine.

talking about islam can bother some people here, but we are here talking about marry moroccan girls, i am one of them, and u not, we are muslims, so is normal that islamic values have an impact on this kind of relationship, if the conversation is unhelpful for you, be sure that it is very useful for others, especially who want marry moroccan girl, and this is the original topic.
for people who want marry moroccan girl, look for religious one from good family with good values, if you follow only appearances, thé result is not guaranteed.

Hello every one,Please tell me what you all think of my experience, whether this is what is normally expected before the marriage from the due to be husband of a moroccon woman and whether I have been with a potential gold digger. I have been in a long distant relationship with a girl from Casablanca, Morocco for about nearly 3 years now. I have visited her about 4 times now. I my self live in the UK. She agreed we would get married last year. I understand it is a tradition to give gifts to the bride before the wedding day. How ever she said to me she wants to choose the things she likes that she wants to buy. I understand Traditionally a girl normally wears the Moroccan dress. but she claims as she will not be needing this in the long term, because she plans to settle in the UK with me,so she rather not buy it.so while we had  gone though all the paper work required for the marriage, she said its your duty to buy me things. so i agreed, she brought 1 pair of trousers, 1 purse, 1 swim pair shorts, 3 or 4 shirts, pair of shoes. of course I paid for all of this.the total dirhams(This is Moroccan currency) i paid it came to a total of £100. how ever I had to return to Morocco about 3 months later, as the family court there did not accept 1 piece of document needed to approve the marriage. as i came to Morocco again to hand the document to the court to approve. she said i still need to do shopping. i agreed , as i felt it was my duty being her future husband. she brought 1 coat worth around £60.00, 1 leather purse worth 60.00. Pair of ladies leather boots. 60.00. , some other pieces of cloths/garments worth about £100 pounds. so in total around £200 plus again. which I felt was a lot. at this stage I felt i had already spent enough on her, and further shopping in terms of materialistic things was not necessary. how ever I got a text from her the next day again, telling me to meet her in one of the shopping malls in the city. at this stage i felt really uncomfortable, as i feel she was really making me spend a lot on her. so reluctantly i met her at the shopping mall. she brought this time, 1 leather coat worth around £120.00. 2 pairs of shoes worth, £40.00. pair of jumper. £25.00. ladies spray/perfume. £65.00.in total on the 3rd shopping trip, spent £230.00. so from 3 shopping trips i spent an estimate £600.00. now I know every likes shopping and buying new things is important. but also was planning to giver her 10,000 dirhams(£700.00 plus) known as dowry money, which a muslim man gives to his due to be wife. tell me is this what a due to be husband of a moroccon women normally does in morocco just before the marriage and if you think is a materialist and a potential future gold digger. thanks for your help every one.

Sorry, you've been had. She is a gold digger, 100%.

The "My brother/mother/granny/nephew is ill and I had to pay for their treatment" is the oldest trick in the book. Don't give her a single penny more. Cut your losses, you won't get a cent back. Ignore future communications. Let this be a warning to all people, male or female, seeking a marriage or relationship with a Moroccan. If the relationship is solid, you should not be paying anything at all.  Forget about trousseaux, dowries, expensive gold. Don't hand a single penny over. If they say they can't work, ask why. They'll usually say "Oh, I haven't got a suitable qualification". Offer them a (non-refundable, so they can't cancel it) course in whatever and see how quickly they run away.

By the way, did you give this strumpet the 10,000 dirhams of "dowry" money? If you did, you've been doubly had. You should have withheld this till the ceremony itself - which now, I sincerely hope, will not happen. All you can do is put it down to experience and publicise this as widely as you can.

I'm glad you sought advice. There are those who profess they are happy with their Moroccan spouses and cannot - truly - see that this is happening to them. They proudly proclaim that they help their spouse's "poor family" and that they support their spouse who, surprise, surprise, never found a job, even if taken to the West. This I don't even find pitiful, I find it contemptible, especially as the age difference between these is usually considerable, with the Moroccan being far younger.

thanks for your reply, by the way who are you? and where are you from?

Who? Me or xb23?

hi , many thanks for your reply. No I didnt, as we didnt get to the final stage of completing the marriage. but interesting enough the jewlerry which I brought her when i was there, she gave back to me? is that luck?

To get the jewels back is unprecedented! You re very lucky.

ok, did u also plan to marry a girl from morocco and have had a similar experience?

yes yourself, sorry I cant tell by your name u live in morocco?

message for you XB23, so I assume u r a british pakistani?

ok, no problems, r u a british pakstani?

I live in Morocco.  I love it here, but you have to see life the way that Moroccans do. They routinely lie to each other and cheat each other. They learn this at the age of one. in the West, this is not the norm, so we are far more credulous and tend to believe their lies because it's not our habit to lie, while another Moroccan would recognise them as lies and give them no credence. After all, why would they not lie to us, especially as it gets them an advantage? Just an example. I know a Moroccan woman who speaks good French, has a job as a minor functionary. I also know, separately, a Moroccan guy who's a faux guide (offers services to foreigners without being licensed to do so) and who also speaks good French. They both bumped into me in the café one day and started chatting to each other in French and I could not believe the bull that was coming out of their mouths. They were both going on about when they "lived in France" when I know for a fact that neither of them has ever left Morocco. And they were so convincing - to a foreigner. No one from the West would have been able to tell that this was utter rubbish. The ridiculous thing is that they almost certainly knew that each other was lying, yet they were compelled to do it.

If you use this as your starting point, you can have fruitful and long lasting relationships and friendships with Moroccans.

BEHAPPY786 and THE REST.

It appears that the problem comes from one country only, UK and I know for a fact that UK people, be it British or immigrant is cheap.  If you can't marry a Muslim girl, go and look elsewhere.  Why did you choose Morocco, because you are an old fard looking for young chick and you think you can buy them, they are smarter.

You have to understand that the religion of Islam says that the Husband has to provide for his wife whatever she wants according to the husband's means and in return the wife has to obey her husband to a certain limit.

What I did spend for my Moroccan wife is 25,000 MAD for Jewelry, 20,000 MAD for  Dowry, I stayed at BelAir hotel in RABAT for 1100 MAD per day, Breakfat, Lunch, dinner at reataurant everyday.  I stayed one month each for my 3 trips. We went for 2 Weeks in Dubai and 2 Weeks in Turkey, we did lots of shopping and I did buy her additional Jewelry in Dubai for 85,000 MAD, lot of shopping in Istanbul, Turkey, 5 star Hotel.  The list is long. Go get a life, you must be desperate with your 100 pound.

Zozo Conde wrote:

BEHAPPY786 and THE REST.

It appears that the problem comes from one country only, UK and I know for a fact that UK people, be it British or immigrant is cheap.  If you can't marry a Muslim girl, go and look elsewhere.  Why did you choose Morocco, because you are an old fard looking for young chick and you think you can buy them, they are smarter.

You have to understand that the religion of Islam says that the Husband has to provide for his wife whatever she wants according to the husband's means and in return the wife has to obey her husband to a certain limit.

What I did spend for my Moroccan wife is 25,000 MAD for Jewelry, 20,000 MAD for  Dowry, I stayed at BelAir hotel in RABAT for 1100 MAD per day, Breakfat, Lunch, dinner at reataurant everyday.  I stayed one month each for my 3 trips. We went for 2 Weeks in Dubai and 2 Weeks in Turkey, we did lots of shopping and I did buy her additional Jewelry in Dubai for 85,000 MAD, lot of shopping in Istanbul, Turkey, 5 star Hotel.  The list is long. Go get a life, you must be desperate with your 100 pound.

Sounds like a good time girl, not a wife.

How dare you make such racist aspersions about people from the UK? That they are "cheap".

mr zozo conde-thank you for the information, but I do find your response rather arogant and slightly rude.you have almost totally misjudged what I was trying to express in my blog. as  a muslim man I am fully aware it is  a mans duty to provide for his wife, I did not claim that this should not be the case. by the way I am young 32 yer old professional muslim and not  cheap old fard. I would suggest you carefully consider your tone and  choice of language when communicating to people on this blog, as the idea of it is to try and get people views opinions and advice to issues or uncertainties they may be going through based on relationships. rather than you just boasting about how much you spent on your wife, and how rich you are.

Exactly. He's one of the ones I posted about earlier who has not yet woken up.

How dare he talk like this? He knows none of us, our ages, motivations, sexes, sexualities.

hi XB23- Many thanks for your support on this blog, as  I said this my zozo seems like an arrogant individual who is just full of himself.

6000 dirhams for gifts and 10000 dirhams for Mahr or islamic sadaq, i want tell you that even moroccan men give more that this to make moroccan mariage, this is normal moroccan traditions, i dont think that she is doing exploitation at all, my brother has buy gold gift for his wife and theey are both moroccan...its normal.
dear behappy786, i think that you have some doubt for your fiance deeply in your heart, you dont trust her, and this is really dangerous for your marriage to be, you cant build solid marriage with this feeling, she doesnt spend much money at all, i dont know her but i do my judjment depending to you and your history.
personally i wont marry someone who cant even trust me, you can discuss with her and explain your situation, i mean money, make istikhara and give up if you still feel unconfortable.

Ladequsa:

My family was never cheap until they reached UK.  I have been to UK so many times, the excuse that they used in order to avoid spending is that they don't eat lunch, so they don't serve you lunch but when they came to visit me, their lunch is the same as their dinner.

Who is generalising now?

Touché!

Ouch.

XB 23 & others

You or your parents are immigrant from Pakistan, Bangladesh etc and you all have that typical behaviour towards women. They claim they are prof and true islam but their attitude is unprof.  I feel that I should not stoop to their level. I do have the same problem with those people in Canada, they want everything free or they want to be paid on top of giving them a woman. That's the reason why others look down on them and they are the ones who tarnish the image of Islam.

XB 23

You are showing your ignorance, DOWRY goes according to your means in Islam, there is no fixed price.

Zozo Conde wrote:

XB 23 & others

You or your parents are immigrant from Pakistan, Bangladesh etc and you all have that typical behaviour towards women. They claim they are prof and true islam but their attitude is unprof.  I feel that I should not stoop to their level. I do have the same problem with those people in Canada, they want everything free or they want to be paid on top of giving them a woman. That's the reason why others look down on them and they are the ones who tarnish the image of Islam.

You are posting pure racism now. There are people here trying to give advice, especially to behappy786 who has joined the discussion because he has been swindled by a Moroccan girl and you are distracting us with your blanket generalisations and racist comments about people from the UK and Muslims of South Asian descent.

Pakistani people speaks Urdu and may be English but no FRENCH, so why are they so desperate to marry Moroccan girls when Moroccan speaks Arabic and French. Is not that desperation?

Closed