Menu
Expat.com

8th July - Entertainment at Garyounis, Benghazi

Last activity 09 July 2010 by Noisedoctor Stu

LittleSpoon

I'll admit, I don't have full details but hope to post more soon.

Garyounis Family Village will be hosting an evening of entertainment on 8th July 2010 (you may have seen the billboards showing someone who looks suspiciously like David Tennant)

Apparently, Libya's number one pop star will be in attendance, as well an electric violinist and the vocal stylings of one Stuart The Expat amongst various other performances.

I believe tickets are 10LYD but at present I'm not sure if you need to purchase them prior to the event or on the gate. Will update when I know more.

bareskillz

Sounds good! I'll spread the word to my fellow colleagues! big_smile.png

LittleSpoon

I've been given differing information about the cost of tickets for this event. Someone else has informed me it's only a couple of dinar to enter the village and then you can stay until midnight. Not sure how accurate that is but I'm not going to get a better response. If you want to come, be prepared to pay 10LYD, but know that it may cost a lot less.

LittleSpoon

Ok, don't shoot the messenger but I finally found a flyer with the prices on. It's not clear but could be anything up to 30LYD (but that may be a group/family ticket) The flyter said 20LYD and 30LYD but the guy reading it wasn't able to read the font style very well so further details are poor I'm afraid.

Noisedoctor Stu

Well hi everyone--yes it was billed as "entertainment" and as usual I put my faith in idiots---I was asked to join in and sing at the 8th July party and I was told it would be very good---It turned out to be a complete disaster and the management at Garyounis have asked me to send to all who attended thier sincere apologies for the debacle which was not under the control of anyone at Garyounis---I can feel for them because they were hoodwinked by a shower of con artists who promised the world and gave zero--just took the money and ran.  My apologies also and that of a superb violinist Mohamed with the wonderfull star Aymon who like myself were unable to play or be involved as their was no professional engineering or control.
But, I am negotiating today with the management at Garyounis village and we haope to be able to tell you that we will try and put matters right by performing--hopefully-- next Thursday in the village centre.
Please accept the apologies of the management at Garyounis, myself, Mohamed and Aymon.  We will try to make it up to everyone and ask for your support once we can advise a date and time which will be very soon  Thank You   Stuart Browne

Articles to help you in your expat project in Benghazi

All of Benghazi's guide articles