Menu
Expat.com

Best place to stay in Athens?

Last activity 06 August 2014 by VctoriaDuplenne

Count_D

Hello,
I'm about to move to Athens, I will travel within few weeks. I will stay in Athens for about 9 months or more. I wonder what's the best place to settle down in Athens. Currently I'm looking for an apartment to rent. I'm looking for quiet area close to the park(s), I will live alone but I'd like to have a run every other day in the neighborhood.I heard that most accommodation buildings are max 5 stories. I'm saying that because I'm looking for an apartment with a nice view.
My work will be mainly in the Northern Athens, but it I wouldn't mind staying in any other place as long it's quiet and green.

Maximilien

Hi Count_D,

Welcome on board smile.png

I invite you to please post an advert in the Flats for rent in Athens section as it might help smile.png

Thank you

Maximilien

Vineet11

Hey.,
Kifissia would be a good option.. It's a quite area with lots of greenery plus it's in north of athens:)

Good luck with your move..

VctoriaDuplenne

Hello Count D,
I agree with Vineet, me and family live in Kifissia as well, all houses in my neighborhood are full of trees, very quiet, and the land is quite high so you can choose one with a view, for example in Cheimaras street. I know 1 apartment there that has a nice view, i'm sure there are some other more. Good luck for your move.

Count_D

Thanks you all for your comments, it's highly appreciated.

I found that Kifissia is very close to the mountain Pentelicus, could that be of any danger?
And also as it's high area, would you suffer any lack of general services like water, electricity, mobile coverage, ... etc.

VctoriaDuplenne

So far i never heard of any danger of this mountain. I dont know  about other people.
And about general services, i never had problem, i'm using EYDAP for water and DEI for electricity, Cosmote for the internet connection at home (wi-fi), we use vodafone for the mobile. Everything's going great.

Count_D

Thanks VctoriaDuplenne for your help smile.png

Count_D

VctoriaDuplenne, would you mind telling me what you use for the heating?
Thanks

VctoriaDuplenne

You're most welcome. Our house uses petrol for the heating, but a lot of other houses use gas as well.

Count_D

So you don't have any preference for petrol over gas I think?

VctoriaDuplenne

I don't know a lot about the preferences, some of housing agency said gas is better, some of them said petrol is more economic, and at the end all of them said it depends on  your consumption, hehe  smile.png

Count_D

VctoriaDuplenne, Ok, I understand. Thanks a lot for the info smile.png

VctoriaDuplenne

you're most welcome.
Ask me anytime.. good luck for your move..  wink.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Athens

• Accommodation in Greece
    Accommodation in Greece

If everything you've heard about Greece and its financial situation has you slightly disheartened, worry not: ...

• Setting up a business in Greece
    Setting up a business in Greece

Starting your own company or being self-employed in Greece is not easy for non-locals, let alone for non-EU ...

• Getting married in Greece
    Getting married in Greece

Dreaming of getting married in Greece? Whether you're a foreigner or a Greek citizen, tying the knot in this ...

• Residence permits in Greece
    Residence permits in Greece

Obtaining a residency permit is crucial if you want to remain in Greece as an expat, allowing you to access many ...

• How to drive in Greece
    How to drive in Greece

Driving in Greece is not for the faint of heart. Apart from the logistics of converting your driving license or ...

• Work visas for Greece
    Work visas for Greece

Greece is a popular destination for foreigners looking to work and live in the EU, but navigating the visa and ...

• Banking in Greece
    Banking in Greece

It is possible to open a bank account as an expatriate in Greece, but a residence permit is needed. Having a Greek ...

• Leisure activities in Greece
    Leisure activities in Greece

Greece has a rich culture and gastronomy scene, along with drinking, as well as plenty of things to see and learn, ...

All of Athens's guide articles