Menu
Expat.com

Security Guards

Last activity 16 September 2010 by justice4pal

jo-mo

dose anyone know if there are private security guarding companies where i can contract a security guard

bluejay

I do not know of any private companies that provide that service, but you can place an ad for someone.  My question is why?  roll.png It is really quite safe here in Tripoli.  My family and I go out every weekend around the city to parks, beaches, shopping etc and we have never had any trouble whatsoever. 
I guess you could use your driver as a security guard which some people may do.

Mudman

Alot of people have 'guards' at their houses, but TBH they're more "guard"-eners than security and are a deterrent by presence only. If you use your driver as a guard then who's looking after the house while you're out?
If it's for commercial property then there is a firm that provides security to most of the big hotels and major oil companies. Mostly ex military and about as good as you will find here.

Edit: if you employ a 'guard' yourself, get a reference from a previous employer, if possible get them vetted and keep their passports. Make sure it is their passport and not a forgery....

bluejay

Oh, houseboy - "guard".  I had assumed that if one is living in Palm city a houseboy was not required, so they were looking for personal security guard.  Anyways, .... whistle.gif

jo-mo

@ Mudman ; thanks for the tip

@ bluejay : lol thats funny ; actually i was thinking if i have the option not to live in palm city ; where can i get a good security guard from ; some of my friends told me that there is a private foreign company is taking care of palm city ( is that true)

Mudman

Jo-mo, despite another thread about attacks on expat women, it  is surprisingly safe here. I, like many other expats, live in a house on the edge of town in what was a farming area. I feel safe here, I like having the guard-ener here as a deterrent, plus he cuts the grass & cleans the pool. I like the peace & quiet and the space. Bars on the windows & doors are the price we pay for that smile.png

Napalm

Can send pm of private security company if anyone needs

tongeorgebb

if you need a private security guard how murch can you pay and what time  to what time or maybe you need a Body Guard oneon one. i can do that am from Nigeria 6'4 ft tall and huge ave experince in nigeria as a even personal guard No weapons but got self defence skills. i  ujsed to play basketball.
but i work from 8am to 6 pm if u will need  me for Night only contact me  0914447488

justice4pal

tongeorgebb,

May I suggest you PM rather than post your phone number? You could also post in the classifieds as looking for guard position.

tongeorgebb

Am sorry thank U for ur suggestion

Mudman
tongeorgebb wrote:

but got self defence skills. i  ujsed to play basketball.

A black belt in dribbling ? wink.png

tongeorgebb

no , i mean  i also  play basketball inclusion.
trying to hieghlight my height LOL.

Sandman6

yo mama toto...shame no dey your eye?

usmankpk

[moderated + banned]

Sandman6

funny_owned_boy.jpg

justice4pal

Usmankpk,
quit picking on our Mud and Sand.... gotta love their non-pc ability to cutto the chase and humor! 

Also, I think they TOTALLY get Libya.  You just can't stand looking at your country with the perspective they and others provide. 

Truth hurts, but acknowledgement leads to growth. 

There are a lot of great things about your country for sure, but having lived long term in about 8 countries and visited about 25 others, I have to say Libya is about the most challenging (and that's putting it very PC) I've ever been exposed to.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Tripoli

All of Tripoli's guide articles