Menu
Expat.com

Registering in An Irish Embassy

Last activity 21 November 2010 by Sandman6

Tippman

Hello Irish Men and Women

Kindly advise on the way to register my location with an Irish Embassy.

Tippman

Yud

Welcome to the forum Tippman smile.png

I hope members from the region will try to respond you soon smile.png

One thing, did you mean, the Irish Embassy in Libya?

Regards
Yud

Tippman

I do not think there is one

Sheetul

Hello Tippman smile.png

Maybe you could view the Irish expatriates in Tripoli network, get in touch with the Irish nationals and ask them.

Regards,
Sheetul

Flasher

There is no Irish Embassy in Libya. I believe you guys are covered by your Embassy in Rome.

jotxo

The European Union consular rules state that all Member States Embassies have the duty to offer consular protection to the citizens of Members States without a diplomatic representation in the country.

Usually Irish citizens are protected by British Embassies and vice versa, I don't know what the arrangement is in Libya, any Member State Embassy (there are many) in Tripoli will gladly point you out which Embassy is in charge of Irish citizens.

Jotxo

amoona

hi
theres no irish embassy in libya but the English embassy helps the irish citizens if theres any problems.
but if u need an irish embassy the nearest 1 is in itlay because it has a libyan department or something
if u check irish citizen website i think they say contact the irish embassy in italy if u need info abwt libya

erinman

Hi Tippman

Are you still celebrating?  Try registering at locate.co.uk
I did and got the following answer.  You have to register online now:
Thank you for registering with Locate.
Your name and email address will be given to Chris Finn who is part of the wardens network offering support to registrants and operates in conjunction with the Embassy.
His email address is (send me pm) He will disclose any information given to him by the Embassy concerning British nationals in Libya and would probably be your first point of contact in the unlikely event of an emergency during your stay in Libya.
Important information
Please note that it is the responsibility of the registrant to (re) register and to update the registration with any amendments. The British Embassy no longer has the right to access and amend your personal details in any shape or form. 
If you have any questions, please contact me on my email below.
Also feel free to inform other British National of the registration service.
Yours sincerely

Joyce

Joyce Ahtash
Consular Assistant, British Embassy, Tripoli.
Tele.No +218 21 335 1084. Email: send pm

MoEl

^ now that IS service!

Observe and learn, US dept of state, observe and learn!!

Sandman6

hmmmm....

I wouldn't be too chuffed if someone was posting up my business email on a public site! mad.png

Articles to help you in your expat project in Tripoli

All of Tripoli's guide articles