Menu
Expat.com

Any Spirit Filled Born Again Churches in Vilcabamba?

Last activity 14 December 2014 by Julien

SteveRitchie

I just retired from law enforcement but I have also Pastored a Spirit Filled Church on Long Island since 1996. Are there any English speaking Full Gospel Churches in Vilcabamba? If not, would anyone like to start one?

mugtech

guess not

BobH

I wonder if Vilcabamba is big enough to have much variety in churches.

mugtech
BobH wrote:

I wonder if Vilcabamba is big enough to have much variety in churches.

It is a shame that Christians cannot worship together, that they spend time arguing petty differences when they all agree on the basics.

SteveRitchie

Then someone needs to start one. Jesus said, "Where two or three are gathered together in My Name, THERE AM I IN THE MIDST OF THEM." We are still not certain when we will be arriving in Vilcabamba as we have allot of things to take care of before leaving New York. If anyone wants to meet for worship, prayer, and whole gospel teaching and preaching please contact me. My email is truegospelofyeshua@yahoo.com

SteveRitchie

I agree that it is a shame that all who profess Christ cannot come together as one body of believers. The real problem is that many are preaching "diverse and strange doctrines" that the apostle called, "doctrines of demons." "If any man preach another gospel, let him be accursed (Galatians 1:7-8)." Therefore all true Christians must "continue steadfastly in the apostles doctrine" (Acts 2:42) alone without adding foreign teachings to the word of God.
It is very sad that the RCC changed the original gospel by developing unscriptural dogmas such as Papal Infallibility and Mariology. There is no record of anyone praying to Mary until the late fourth century and it was not until the Council of Ephesus in 420 AD that prayers to Mary were officially included in Catholic dogma. Therefore I say, let us return to the original Catholic (Universal) Church that was founded by the original apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Bible.

mugtech

The holy rollers in these parts claim that anyone who takes communion will burn in hell.  I tend to ignore them.

gardener1

@SteveRitchie

So you're going to Villacamba with the specific intent of starting a religious assault??

I hope they deny your visa.
Do the world a favor and stay home.

SteveRitchie

My Bible tells me that only God is our judge so no one should be judging others to hell. For "all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God." Therefore Christ's true servants must share the whole gospel by citing the words of holy scripture and by sharing that word of truth in love. For Christ came not to condemn the world but he came that the world might be saved through faith in his precious blood that was shed for all of mankind. Grace and peace to you!

mugtech
SteveRitchie wrote:

My Bible tells me that only God is our judge so no one should be judging others to hell. For "all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God." Therefore Christ's true servants must share the whole gospel by citing the words of holy scripture and by sharing that word of truth in love. For Christ came not to condemn the world but he came that the world might be saved through faith in his precious blood that was shed for all of mankind. Grace and peace to you!

Well, you might not have been judged to hell, but banned says a lot

Julien

well, religion & politics are not welcome on Expat.com

-thread closed-

Closed

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ecuador

• Food in Ecuador
    Food in Ecuador

What kind of food will you find in restaurants, cafes, and private homes in Ecuador? Many restaurants in Ecuador ...

• Family and children in Ecuador
    Family and children in Ecuador

Family is everything to an Ecuadorian. The extended family unit is the most important aspect of life in Ecuador, ...

• Work in Ecuador
    Work in Ecuador

Ecuador is famous as a retirement haven. But you might not want to wait until retirement age to move there and ...

• Healthcare in Ecuador
    Healthcare in Ecuador

Ecuador, as a fast-developing nation, has laws that are constantly evolving, but one thing is certain: the ongoing ...

• Opening a bank account in Ecuador
    Opening a bank account in Ecuador

A few years back, an expat would just breeze into an Ecuadorian bank, flash their passport and a bank account ...

• The Working Holiday Visa for Ecuador
    The Working Holiday Visa for Ecuador

Ecuador is truly a paradise for adventure and nature lovers, and thanks to the Working Holiday Visa program, they ...

• Leisure activities in Ecuador
    Leisure activities in Ecuador

You have made it to Ecuador, now what is there to do in your free time? A lifetime in Ecuador isn't enough time to ...

• Ecuadorian lifestyle:
    Ecuadorian lifestyle:

Life in Ecuador, of course, is something that is best experienced in person and on the spot. However, this article ...

All of Ecuador's guide articles