Menu
Expat.com

Expat blog April Gathering on 19th April 2015

Last activity 26 June 2015 by Baoo

Richard Loo

We are back. Many has been asking for the next gathering.
This month gathering will be as follows:

Date: 19/04/2015 Sunday
                Venue: Highland Coffee
                            181 Ham Nghi, P HguyenThai Binh, District 1   (opposite Ben Thanh market)
                    Time: 3.pm-6pm(come anytime)

When you reached Ben Thanh Market , the Highland cafe is at the opposite across  the big roundabout..
Please go upstairs and look for "Expat.com" sign
Order your beverage and pay at the counter.

We will move elsewhere for dinner together if you would like to join us.
Those with motorbike,please bring extra helmet.

Reminder from TEAM: Network / meet ups for dating or commercial purposes are strictly forbidden.

Hope to see you all soon.
Cheers,
Richard

Rona Fe

Hi Richard, I am Rona from Philippines. I am new here in Vietnam and would love to have friends since I love to be surrounded by good people.

I would love to join your group if you accept new members. smile.png The thing is I am only available at 5:30 pm on the said date if the meet up.  Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards,

Rona

Richard Loo
Rona Fe wrote:

Hi Richard, I am Rona from Philippines. I am new here in Vietnam and would love to have friends since I love to be surrounded by good people.

I would love to join your group if you accept new members. smile.png The thing is I am only available at 5:30 pm on the said date if the meet up.  Do you have any suggestion?

Best regards,

Rona

Kumustaka Rona,

Welcome,  you can join us when we go for dinner if you want. Please pm me for details.
See you

sensesofvietnam

This is great, I am in town and will be able to make it on that day. Since I was away from the city, seems like this is a very happening meeting with many Expat.com members. I am looking forward to be there.

Richard Loo
sensesofvietnam wrote:

This is great, I am in town and will be able to make it on that day. Since I was away from the city, seems like this is a very happening meeting with many Expat.com members. I am looking forward to be there.

Welcome back, maybe you can recommend a place for our dinner after gathering.  See you

Rona Fe

Richard, I already sent you a pm about the details that you asked.

Thank yoy

Rona

Jiao

Finally, it's coming...
Can't waitttt

Scarletvn

Can I come by without registering? I'm not sure if I can come but I do want to come.

Richard Loo
Scarletvn wrote:

Can I come by without registering? I'm not sure if I can come but I do want to come.

Welcome,
There is no registration. Just try your best. I understand sometimes we are busy and cannot commit . We will be happy to see you but if you cannot make it then we always have next month big_smile.png

Richard Loo
Jiao wrote:

Finally, it's coming...
Can't waitttt

Yes...its coming  big_smile.png

Nisd

Yeah,

Great to see all again

kevbradfield

Hi there.

I'm new to Vietnam as well as this whole online chatting thing - can you give me a sort of break down of how the day/night plays out? I mean like, how much money will I need etc..?

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it as I haven't been here very long & still have a lot of setting up to do but it would be cool to meet new people if/when possible.

Richard Loo
kevbradfield wrote:

Hi there.

I'm new to Vietnam as well as this whole online chatting thing - can you give me a sort of break down of how the day/night plays out? I mean like, how much money will I need etc..?

I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to make it as I haven't been here very long & still have a lot of setting up to do but it would be cool to meet new people if/when possible.

Excuse me....what online chatting.? This is just a gathering for expats and local friends to meet up,exchanges views ,ideas and helping each other. We do organize other events from time to time. What are you referring to? Just pay for your beverage and be a friend.  See you

sensesofvietnam

I am not sure what the group normally like. As for me at night around that area I like to go Com Tom Mon or Mon Hue. Both are excellent restaurant with aircondition and price are quite reasonable. However, if a local can recommend a local food which is need to be discover at the general area better still. I leave it to you as to cater for a good number of people we need to reserve a place.

Richard Loo
sensesofvietnam wrote:

I am not sure what the group normally like. As for me at night around that area I like to go Com Tom Mon or Mon Hue. Both are excellent restaurant with aircondition and price are quite reasonable. However, if a local can recommend a local food which is need to be discover at the general area better still. I leave it to you as to cater for a good number of people we need to reserve a place.

Yes,....thanks we have a group of local team to decide now. I am sure they will come out with a good place for dinner. Will inform during the gathering . See you

AnnaChen

hi Richard, I plan an expat meeting on 18.4 but  since you have group on 19.4. We would like  to join with you. Is this ok?

Richard Loo
AnnaChen wrote:

hi Richard, I plan an expat meeting on 18.4 but  since you have group on 19.4. We would like  to join with you. Is this ok?

Sure, Welcome aboard ^^. Hope to see you all soon

mariahuyendiem

i might catch up at 5.30pm. Looking forward to see you guys there smile.png

biz man

Color me in:)

AnnaChen

hope to see u guys there

laurakraus93

I arrived in Hanoi a few hours ago and I don't know a soul. The people that get together at these events; are they mixed in age or what is the makeup?

Lê Kiều Khánh Vân

I would like to join too, Richard

Richard Loo
laurakraus93 wrote:

I arrived in Hanoi a few hours ago and I don't know a soul. The people that get together at these events; are they mixed in age or what is the makeup?

Hi,Are you in Hanoi or HCM? This gathering is in city of HCM.
We would not know who would attend as this is a casual gathering for expats and local to exchange ideas and meet up. Refer to March gathering where there are some photos for you to see.Hope to see you soon if you are here.

Richard Loo
Lê Kiều Khánh Vân wrote:

I would like to join too, Richard

Welcome.  See you soon

hana_pham2007

When it will be in Hanoi, dear? I am in Hanoi, hix! sosad.png

Richard Loo
hana_pham2007 wrote:

Hi,
I'm so sorry,  I am only organizing gathering in hcm as I'm staying here. I hope someone else will take the initiative to set up gathering there someday.  Maybe you can do that? Pm me and we can work out something . See you

Whos_your_Addy

Oooon I really want make this meeting but I work from 4:15-6:15. Any way I can meet everyone for a bite at dinner? I think my girlfriend, Sarah, wants to go.

Sumeth.C

Count me in!!

onlydream180489

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Deleted at the poster's request
Richard Loo
Whos_your_Addy wrote:

Oooon I really want make this meeting but I work from 4:15-6:15. Any way I can meet everyone for a bite at dinner? I think my girlfriend, Sarah, wants to go.

Hi,
if you want to join us for dinner do contact me so we can keep in touch . PM me for details.
See you

Richard Loo
Sumeth.C wrote:

Count me in!!

ONE ! ^^

Richard Loo
onlydream180489 wrote:

Hello everyone, Im Oanh, I'm new here at HCM city. I'm looking for exchange languages club, it is lucky for me to know this meeting, it looks interested, i would like to join, i will be there at 4pm... Hope the meeting will be great and meet new friends.

Well,,,,we are having gathering using any language preferred. You may learn something . All is welcome though. See you

Scarletvn
hana_pham2007 wrote:

It's YOUR opportunity, Hana. You can be the starter/organizer in Hanoi, like what Richard Loo did.

TracyTrang

I am in. Right next to my house kakka

TracyTrang

Me and husband will be in. Thanks Richard. Great idea

Richard Loo
TracyTrang wrote:

I am in. Right next to my house kakka

You staying nearby? Does that mean we can visit you too? Welcome and see both of you soon

Scarletvn

See you all there smile.png

Jiu He

Hi Richard, pls book dinner for me and 01 more girl. Tks.  wink.png

Richard Loo
Jiu He wrote:

Hi Richard, pls book dinner for me and 01 more girl. Tks.  wink.png

Welcome,  just come  and we will arrange when we all gather to see who is going for dinner. See you tomorrow.

Jiu He

Ok. Tks.

Ha

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles