Menu
Expat.com

General Strike - next Wednesday 29th September

Last activity 27 September 2010 by chimes

chimes

Does anyone know about this? How will it affect the city? Will shops be open? Metro/ trains etc? Gyms? Will I be able to do my normal stuff, or will the whole city be paralysed...?

Natalia-G

I thought the general strike was next Wednesday, 29th? I don't know in Barcelona, but in other towns in Spain, if most people take part, yes, the whole thing is pretty much paralised and there is no public transport etc.

chimes

Ok, maybe I heard wrong (I've been busy, taking telephone calls for my new job). But thanks.

JPope

It is on Wednesday 29th

The Metro will be running between 6-9am and again 6-9pm, and not at all apart from that.
I think that buses are the same, but not sure.

As for shops, no clue.

chimes

w3.bcn.es/V01/Serveis/Noticies/V01NoticiesLlistatNoticiesCtl/0,2138,1653_1802_3_1351363038,00.html?bcnAccessible=true&accio=detall&home=HomeBCN

Could a mod change the title of this thread to "General Strike - Wednesday 29th Sept" please?
Ta.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Barcelona

• Accommodation in Barcelona
    Accommodation in Barcelona

Barcelona sits on the coast of north-eastern Spain, the capital and largest city in the autonomous community of ...

• Study in Barcelona
    Study in Barcelona

Barcelona is Catalonia's cosmopolitan capital and an ideal place for university education. The city has a ...

• Working in Barcelona
    Working in Barcelona

Are you an expat looking for work in Barcelona? Spain's second-largest city is Catalonia's ...

• Student life in Barcelona
    Student life in Barcelona

Barcelona attracts thousands of international students to its universities and colleges. In addition to receiving ...

• The work culture in Barcelona
    The work culture in Barcelona

If you've made up your mind to live and work in Barcelona, you're probably curious about the local labor ...

• The labor market in Barcelona
    The labor market in Barcelona

Barcelona is the economic, cultural and administrative heart of Catalonia, a creative, cosmopolitan and innovative ...

• Developing your professional network in Barcelona
    Developing your professional network in Barcelona

Networking refers to the process of developing and cultivating professional relationships with individuals and ...

• Getting around Barcelona
    Getting around Barcelona

When planning a visit or considering settling in Barcelona, an important aspect to bear in mind is how to get ...

All of Barcelona's guide articles