Menu
Expat.com

I'm new! American in Malaga

Last activity 16 November 2011 by filmshow

loveandpaella

Hello! I'm Sarah and I blog at Love & Paella.  I'm an English teacher that was recently stationed in Malaga. I've been here for just a few weeks and would love any tips from anyone on good places to eat/see around town!

Christine

Hi loveandpaella!

Welcome on Expat-blog! smile.png

I have moved the topic on the Malaga forum. I hope you will receive replies very soon. wink.png

Enjoy well your stay in Malaga,
Christine

CARINO.ACNREP

Hi Sarah!

I´m Roberto and I live in Estepona.  In Málaga, my favorite restaurant is 'El Tintero' and the place is in Palos (east side of Málaga) It is unique, and they normally serve fish and also paella.  It is nice to go there during weekends - Sunday lunch would be great.

If you happen to be here in Estepona or Marbella area, I would be glad to meet you personally and show you around.

Take care and welcome to the Costa del Sol.

Have a great time.

Roberto Cariño

CARINO.ACNREP

Hi Sarah,  I forgot this is my cell phone num. 666011657.  Feel free to call me anytime.  Your new friend, Roberto

Nachito

hola Sarah, bienvenida a Málaga!!!Puedes ir al restaurante TERRA SANA frente al TEATRO ROMANO, a metros de PLAZA DE LA MERCED.Se come comida sana y creativa.BUENOS PRECIOS. que disfrutes de esta tierra. WELCOME!!!   NACHO

Yud

@Nachito: Can you please write in English in this Anglophone forum, else you can post on the Hispanophone forum, for messages in Spanish.

deetaa

Hey girl,
we are moving to the area in a few weeks. We are now in Germany but lived all over the place before (last in TN). I love to meet some people in our new area...let me know how things are going for you...I am super-super anxious.
Dee

CarlosV

Hello Everyone
I'm Carlos and new in this site, I planning to move to Malaga next month, however I would like to know what is the current situation with regards the economy as well as the job-market.
I work in the hospitality  industry in Edinburgh, I do speak Spanish & English and yet I feel that my skill would not get a job in Spain.
I would appreciate your comments and views

Christine

Hi CarlosV,

Welcome to Expat-blog! smile.png

Maybe you should start a new topic on the Malaga forum. Thank you and good luck.

filmshow

(moderated)

Ringwoodgardens

Hi Love&Paella,

I'm also new in Malaga, from UK and hope to teach English as well. I live in the Malagueta area and would like to make new friends and contacts.  It's always better to share a paella so here's my email and phone number. brendaabarrett@gmail.com

I am away till next week (Nov 23)

filmshow

i´m not far from la malagueta really

Articles to help you in your expat project in Malaga

• Accommodation in Tenerife
    Accommodation in Tenerife

Tenerife is the largest and most populous of the seven Canary Islands, a Spanish archipelago in the Atlantic Ocean ...

• Accommodation in Seville
    Accommodation in Seville

Seville is a southern Andalusian city that's easy to fall in love with. The Moorish architecture works of art, ...

• Accommodation in Valencia
    Accommodation in Valencia

Valencia is the capital of the province of Valencia, a Mediterranean destination of striking architecture, vast ...

• Choosing your neighbourhood in Madrid
    Choosing your neighbourhood in Madrid

Location is probably the most important determining factor when purchasing a home. You see, no matter how much you ...

• Working in Seville 
    Working in Seville 

Seville is the capital of the autonomous community of Andalusia and home to its government. It is a lively ...

• Accommodation in Malaga
    Accommodation in Malaga

Malaga is a busy port city on southern Spain's Costa del Sol, a place that blends ancient history with the ...

• The labor market in Spain
    The labor market in Spain

The Spanish labor market offers a range of opportunities for expats. Spain has long been a favored destination for ...

• Accommodation in Barcelona
    Accommodation in Barcelona

Barcelona sits on the coast of north-eastern Spain, the capital and largest city in the autonomous community of ...

All of Malaga's guide articles