Singing at the pubs/restaurants in Mosambique

Hi everyone

I am a one-man-band from Pretoria and I am interested to come and play my music in the pubs/restaurants there. I have never been to Mosambique and have no idea how to go about it. Are there any people who can help me with info or advise me on how to plan it? I do old & new Afrikaans and English music.

Thanks
Louis

Welcome to Expat-blog, Louis :)

To increase your chances and to raise awareness for your live performance, i would  suggest that you also place an advert under Mozambique classifieds by selecting the Community section and the Artists and Musicians sub-section.

Hope that other members share their opinion and guide you as well.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Sheetul

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about using the classified ads but first I need to get more info, like:

a) Is there a need/demand for amateur artists to come and perform there? I am not a famous or wellknown performer except for pubs around Pretoria but I am good at what I do

b) Where are the biggest cluster of pubs/restaurants in Mosambique (in order to save time travelling from one end to the other)

c) Do I need a 4x4 vehicle to reach these places?

d) Is my equipment safe on the road?

e) Do I need special permission to come and sing in the country and to transport my equipment?

These are but a few of the questions I have, and I will Google most of them, but I would like to hear from people inside the country who can help/advise me.

Thanks again
Regards
Louis

Hey Louis,

Your best bet is to follow the south africans. there are a lot of places in Inhabane that would take a one man band during holiday season. Try Gunjata bay or Jeffs Palm resort or even Pandane. I am sure they would be interested.
as far as 4x4 goes its probably better but not necessary.
Work visa is the way to go. You apply for a 30day work visa from Immigration. it cost about R500 but then you can work for 30days. Its best also to get a letter from the Ministry of labor allowing you to do this. Its not complicated but takes a bit of time. Most of the resorts would be able to do this for you.
Hope this helps.