TESOL certified. Can i get an English teacher job?

Hi everyone. I am new here. I am still in Manila, Philippines but I am going to Cambodia at the end of the month. I am an ESL teacher here in my home country.

I have been teaching English for more than 8 years. I am a TESOL certified. But I don't have a degree. I graduated a 3-year technical course.

I took up bachelor of arts in Communication but I wasnt able to graduate due to financial constraint.  So can you give me some advise if teaching English is concern?

Can I land a job as an English teacher if I dont have a four-year degree course?

What are my chances? I am a very passionate teacher and I love my job as a teacher.

Thank you so much.

degrees don't matter as much in cambodia....  just hit the ground and submit resumes to schools.. you can do a quick google search on them...

I know it sounds daunting to go w/out a job but many jobs are to be had by just showing up..

Certainly I have friends who teach without a degree.  The least qualified has the highest salary!!   Schools will vary on policy.

Sure enough .
You will have chances here im in.phnompenh..

Email me.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

sorry the mail address did not work

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please use the private message system to share your contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Can you please resend contact info to my box again thanks.

Hi. @Happyteacherfromph, how are you?
Have you found a teaching job yet? I'm as well planning to try my luck in Cambodia. Hope to hear from you sis^^.

There is one international school that everyone should avoid.

The advice given is accurate. I personally know teachers from the Philippines who are very successful. If you contact me on Skype (xxx) I would be glad to share more.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Tesol means nothing from shinola everyone can get one, you can get a job without it. Half it is the con to get you to pay money for something you do not really need...  from a teacher 6 years in Thailand and now in Cambodia...

Are you crazy  you want to work for $200 a month    you can earn more in Thailand.

You can read about teaching in Thailand on amazon,  by A Clark.

Being to Siem Reap and like Angkor Wat. Like to teach and work there if there is a need. Thanks..