Menu
Expat.com

Exchange money

Last activity 25 April 2017 by Fred

jeffbothwell

Hi can anybody assist me I am trying to exchange Northern Irish notes but getting nowhere, being my only means of support I am getting rather concerned, have emailed the embassy and waiting a response.

Straydog

I assume you are talking about Irish Bank Notes not British pound sterling notes.  I think only usable in Northern Ireland and perhaps in England and Wales if someone will accept but nowhere else.

jeffbothwell

Was talking about sterling but will keep trying, thank you for your assistance, regards

Fred

You might have problems here as notes from the north are Sterling and backed by deposits in the bank of England but are not accepted everywhere.
I've found a lot of horror stories from people in the same position but no absolute answers.

The best answers seem to be:

contact..

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.c … en-abroad/

or try a HSBC as they have branches in Northern Ireland.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Pattaya

• Thai Credit Cards
    Thai Credit Cards

Expats can apply for credit cards in Thailand, but the banks set their own minimal work experience and monthly ...

• Opening a bank account in Thailand
    Opening a bank account in Thailand

Thailand provides a wide array of options in terms of banking institutions, but it is important for you to know ...

• Money in Thailand
    Money in Thailand

Thailand is one of the most affordable places in the world for expats to relocate to. But you have to know how to ...

• Working in Pattaya
    Working in Pattaya

Pattaya may not be as idyllic as some of Thailand's other beach destinations. However, it is still one of the ...

• Accommodation in Pattaya
    Accommodation in Pattaya

Pattaya boasts one of the most significant expatriate communities in Thailand. It has many international schools, ...

• Working in Chiang Mai
    Working in Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai's ethnic diversity, breathtaking scenery, and the multitude of festivals and attractions ...

• Income tax in Thailand
    Income tax in Thailand

Thailand is not a tax haven. In Thailand, there are two main types of taxpayers — residents and ...

• Getting married in Thailand
    Getting married in Thailand

The kingdom of Thailand is a stunningly beautiful wedding destination. Its crystal clear beaches, lush green ...

All of Pattaya's guide articles