Menu
Expat.com

Tourist Visa

Last activity 17 August 2017 by bob18

Rgrsyoung69

Can a US Citizen enter the Philippines on a one way flight? If not please explain easiest/cheapest method/flight to fullfil the requirements.
My intentions are to stay longer than 60 days.

bob18

Some airlines may not let you board your flight with only a one way ticket to the Philippines.  Furthermore, immigration upon entry,  may ask to see your return plans.  I have entered the country from Canada, maybe 20 times, and never yet been asked to show a return ticket, but my Australian friend says he is asked about return plans almost every time..  Your tourist entry is good for 30 days with just your passport.  You can apply for an extension while you are here.  Many travel agents will do that for you for a small fee.  The first extension will only extend your total maximum stay to 59 days.  Never overextend your stay here without a valid visa. 
If you want to stay longer, you need to apply for a further extension about a week before your first visa has expired.  This next visa can extend your total stay for up to 6 months.

mugtech

You could get a refundabe ticket to leave in 30 days to somewhere close by and then after you enter the country get a refund and then get the extensions when you can.  Not sure what the cheapest tickets out of the country are now days, last I heard the cheapest ones for flying out of Clark.

mugtech

Just got an update on cheap, throw away tickets.  A Chinese airline is offering tickets from Clark to Singapore for 1,000 pesos, about $20.  They went on sale 8/15/17, but the flights don't start until November, which does not matter.

bob18

I am not sure these flights work for our friend, but they are good for a 'Visa Run'.    Jetstar offered these 1 way P1000 flights from Clark in November, but they are now sold out.     As of this minute, there are 200 seats offered by Jetstar at P2300 also in November .

Articles to help you in your expat project in Davao

• Work visa for the Philippines
    Work visa for the Philippines

If you're a prospective expatriate looking to start a new career in the Philippines, understanding the visa ...

• Visas for the Philippines
    Visas for the Philippines

If you're a foreign national intending to move to the Philippines, you can choose among different types of ...

• Obtaining a 13A visa
    Obtaining a 13A visa

As my wife is Filipino I applied for a 13A non-quota immigration visa while we were living in the UK. I submitted ...

• Work in Davao
    Work in Davao

Located in Mindanao, Davao is a very dynamic city in economic terms, providing many professional opportunities for ...

• Getting married in the Philippines
    Getting married in the Philippines

Getting married in the Philippines provides a backdrop of immense beauty through stunning beaches, tropical ...

• Accommodation in Manila
    Accommodation in Manila

There are lots of renting options to choose from when relocating to Manila. Most expats in the Philippines live in ...

• Accommodation in Iloilo
    Accommodation in Iloilo

Iloilo, nicknamed the 'Heart of the Philippines', is a province stretching over 4,663 km² in the ...

• Accommodation in Davao
    Accommodation in Davao

Davao is an established metropolitan area with its capital, Davao City, catching up to the main Philippine cities ...

All of Davao's guide articles