Cabs

HI ACE and legacy

Sorry for my late reply...

Many thanks for your replies - i certainly got an idea now of what to get and the approximate fees from airport. Will be staying in Dasman area so I assume/aim to negotiate not more than 5kd from airport to there.

Thanks again to all the info - very helpful and much appreciated!

3 KD is more than enough for  Taxi from Airport to Dasman

hi romiuk,

you will easily be able to get a cab at that rate KD 5,but i want u to start from KD 3.

Enjoy your flight and Trip

Thanks Moo and ACE for your replies - sounds better - i guess its all about negotiation with the cab drivers.

So how far is that approximately - from Airport to Dasman? like 30min drive or more/less? I got good geographical knowledge about Kuwait by now already, but got no idea how long it takes to go from one place to another/north to south - lets say from Dasman to Salmiya/Mangaf for eg, how long it will take by a cab? Just curious really...

Many thanks in advance..

From Dasman to Salmiya it will take 15 minutes
From Dasman to Mangaf  it will take 30 minutes
It depends on the traffic and what time you go out and how fast the taxi drives.

30minutes will be maximum,i would say u can reach there in 15-25 minutes if traffic is normal & distance is approx 16 km .if drive fast and recklessly may reach in 10 minutes.from dasman to salmiya wont take that long,8-15min depending on traffic.

how about this, instead of taking down prices, distances and approximate times, u call one of us and we pick u up @ the aiport? it would make your life much easier :P

Thanks to all for your replies. Its really interesting as I really thought it takes much longer.. I guess i will manage to see all over Kuwait during my 9 days.

Legacy - lol that is a very wise thought lol... I would love to use this idea of yours lol but I think I will wait for that until I can finally trust someone. As you may have already imagined, I had few offers for pick ups and for staying which I really appreciated. Easy to get spoiled as I can see lol

romi

hope while u r here,enjoy kuwait,,and get a good idea ,i wish you love the stay,but dear,as far i know,taxi charge is fixed from kuwait airport,airport cabs which is driven kuwaity nationals will charge a min of 5 kd ,and i think its better u inform the taxi counter there in airport, so that they will arange you a good cab,as far as i know cant trust anyone blindly if you are new in kuwait,and the language is a barrier ,well its my from my experiance ,,,,,,,sorry if said something wrong

lolz i can see every1 so excited

Welcome to Kuwait.

Airport taxis have different levels of quality, from good to very nice, and charge accordingly. Prices were a flat fee last time I used them. Taxis are in no way like the usual street taxis we might wave down on a daily basis.

Well if you take the airport cab, they would charge u around 5 kd. But usually u would find lots of other taxi's out there for which u can bargain and fix something for 2.5 or 3 .